Chapter two It only beguins

CHAPTER TWO
It only begins

The following day, with the help of Interga's instructions, Jane found the estate to not as hard to find as she thought. The trip took her a while, as the estate was far into the countryside, but it was not hard to find. When one is driving down the long expanse of country road, within two hours of leaving London, the shadow of a large house seems to come into view. However, it is no mere house, for the enormous walls of the estate are complete with all the trimmings of a true Victorian estate. Jane had never seen anything so grand before besides pictures in fantasy books and films. London was large yes, but its economy suffered, not allowing anything of such regal splendor to exist just yet. Naturally, Jane stared helplessly at the towering walls of the Hellsing Organization as her minuscule vehicle drove into the front gravel road.
A gentleman waited for her at the foot of the stairs to the front door and came to her car side window, smiling politely. The man looked to be only a few years older than Jane, handsome enough with his hair combed back, and a pair of glasses resting over his straight nose.

"Good afternoon ma'am." He said as she got out.

"Hello." Jane responded, a little breathless, but came around the car and gave the gentleman a firm handshake and a smile.

"My name is Thomas Holt, the butler here for the estate. If you would please follow me, I will take you to Sir Integra." He said.
Jane smiled, feeling like she was no longer in reality but somewhere far and distant from all she considered real. Now this was a dramatic outlook for someone merely visiting a house. But for Jane, her mind tended to wander to more fantastic and whimsical possibilities when faced with something that amazed her. Of course, she knew this was merely a house, but still, who wouldn't want to be swept off their feet by the look of s place or imagine something more out of a small visit.
She followed Thomas on the grey, smooth steps to the front door and saw men dressed in heavy gear prowling all over, looking at her with hard eyes. This was unnerving for the woman since guns were illegal in England for civilians and being so close to so many weapons made her uneasy.

But she came to no harm upon passing the front door and was led into the great house of Hellsing. At once she noticed the pounding presence of wealth that Integra had. Jane knew Integra was rich and possessed many assets to be well off, but not /this/ well off.
Every wall, floor tile, window, pillar, and arch way was painted with astounding beauty and lusciousness. The color of blue was all about the place in different shades and tints. The marble pillars that lined between the windows gleamed against the noon sun, creating a warm peach hue in the halls. The ever-present scent of cigar smoke mingled with that of a very clean smell that floated high in the air, filling Jane's senses. The floor at her feet was so well cleaned that she could see her reflection gazing back at her and even see the dome celling above engraved with designs overhead. Angels, monsters, men in armor, the cross, and Italian buttresses glorified the place perfectly. All in all, Jane concluded this was probably not a bad place to live, should one need it, and that Integra had no issues with the look of her home.

Thomas guided Jane through these pristine halls of glory and wealth, more than happy to show every object to her and offer brief descriptions. On the way he pointed out paintings, or random artifacts displayed on the walls, giving her his knowledge on each object, which she absorbed like a sponge to water. Often there were paintings of a men who bore a striking resemblance to Integra which Jane could only assume were an ancestor. Other paintings were of fantastic battles, beautiful mountain landscapes, and at times a large black wolf that had a grin of its own.

Before long the two stopped at a set of large doors the color of white, reaching up to the shaded, dome celling.

"What is in there Mr. Holt?" Jane asked with glassy eyes, overcome with amazement.