Chapter 1 ~ Minako

Minako's POV

December 24, 1999

I awake in the wreckage. Mother at the wheel, father in front of her, shielding her. Finally, my brother, with little life pulsing through him. Clenching my fingers together, I began praying. Praying to God, Jesus, Heaven, whoever is out there to save my brother. A strand of blue hair fell from his fringe and that's when I knew that it wouldn't work. With tears rolling down my face and a fearful expression plastered on my face, I step out of the wrecked car to see a big, green moon. Walking away, I spotted a blonde figure with blue eyes just staring at me. I wiped my face so that my tears wouldn't stain my face but as soon as I was done, the figure appeared in front of me. It was a tall, blonde girl. She looks at me robotically and bends her knees to be my height. "Why are you here?" She sounded lifeless. I step back and spot a dark figure behind her. Screaming, she turns around and starts shooting bullets until it turns into a spirit. "Would you mind doing me a favor?" The lady speaks as I look curiously. "Just, stand still..." I do what she says. The pain exhibited during this scene was unexplainable. My screams were loud enough to be heard miles away. It only took a few minutes. I fall onto the ground, weak, but no pain whatsoever. I feel something metal on my face. I look up and only see the maiden. "My apologies, the pain, I never thought it would hurt that bad. I will stay with you until they arrive..." The monotone in her voice softened. She holds me close to her core as my consciousness fades away.

April 6, 2009

I woke up to the train's sudden stop. People around me rush off the train until I'm the only one left on the car. The next stop is Tatsumi Port Island. My name is Minako Arisato. A seventeen-year-old girl who's going to a high school called Gekkoukan High School. It is on a man-made island where it's unique but, lame at the same time. I'm here on an investigation, the rise of Apathy Syndrome has been concerning and I offered to go undercover for my old man. Minutes later, an announcement is heard from many cars.

"Due to malfunction in the switching system, today's rail schedule has been greatly altered. We apologize to any customers who were in a hurry. The next stop is Iwatodai."

I grab my bags. Staring out the window, a vibrant, blue butterfly passes by. I plug my earphones in and play a random song from my playlist and walked to the door.

"Iwatodai. This is the final train bound for Tatsumi Port Island. Please take care to board before your departure."

The doors swiftly open as I depart from the train. Turning on my phone.

11:57 pm

Everything is so bare. Well, what'd I expect when it's nearly midnight.

11:58 pm

I step out of the station to see people just by looking at me. I shrug it off but kept my guard up because I'm not getting kidnapped today.

11:59 pm

People's stares faded away but my walking stature stayed still.

TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK.

Dark Hour

*sigh* The green moon's back. I turned back and sure enough, the people were in their coffins. I must be careful, those blobs might be here. Chills run through my spine as I shiver. My heart beats away with my fear rising. I clench my chest while walking in the coffin filled place while continuing to walk towards the dorm. "Iwatodai Dorm," I mumbled. Reading the letter they sent me over and over again, I remember everything on that note.

'Dear Minako Arisato,

You have been accepted into Gekkoukan High on Tatsumi Port Island. Sadly, since it is nearly the start of the year, many of the dorms and sororities are full. Fortunately, there is a dorm with many rooms that accepted quickly. Iwatodai Dorm is the place. A person from the high school's builder company, Kirijo Group, will come and pick up items to help with packing. Here is the code. Let them say a code and if it's correct, they are the right people.'