Struggling with the news

Chase drove to the first girls house he was so not feeling this case but he knew he needed to focus as he took a breath. Chase exited his vehicle and Ace followed him as he walked up the driveway and knocked on the door. A large woman answered, "hello ma'am I am detective Chapman, I am here to talk about your daughter may I come in?" Chase asked. "I don't have a daughter" the woman said, "oh um is this the house of Rhea Johnson?" Chase asked, "yeah it was" the woman said. "Well I would like to speak to you about her" Chase said feeling like this woman was going to be hard to deal with. The woman let him in and he noticed another lady on the couch. "Crissy this detective is here about Rhea" the large woman said as she went into the kitchen. "Is she okay, I haven't heard from her in a few days" Crissy asked, "no ma'am she is not okay we found her car along with her and her friends today in the middle of the pier. What can you tell me about her?" Chase asked. Crissy looked at Chase as if he punched her in the throat, "I am sorry what? Rhea is dead?" Crissy said, "yes I am very sorry for your loss" Chase said, "I doubt that" the large woman said from the kitchen. "How did she die?" Crissy asked, "that is what I am trying to figure out, it appears she was shot while driving a vehicle and then crashed into the pier" Chase said. "It appears so you don't know?" the large woman said, "we are investigating look I need some information here, I need to know if she was seeing anyone or if there were threats in her life she was running from?" Chase asked starting to get annoyed. "No she was not seeing anyone and I don't appreciate your tone" Crissy said, "I am sorry I am just trying to figure out who killed Rhea" Chase said. "Sounds like you are asking us instead" the large woman said, "Beth if you are going to do that then come sit down stop lurking" Crissy said. "Do you know anyone who could have done this?" Chase asked, "No I don't but you said she was with her friends can you tell me who?" Crissy asked. "No I have not notified their families yet and the investigation is still ongoing" Chase said, "well we can't help you sorry" Crissy said. Chase felt as if they were hiding something as they were quick to push him out of the house.

Chase went to his car and searched the address of the house and the name Crissy Stewart came up. Chase searched her but there as zero information on her and he had nothing to go on. Chase received a call from Ian, "Ian what do you have?" Chase answered, "The angle of the bullet looks like it went through the seat first, whoever shot her was in the car with her. I believe one of the girls she was with murdered her. Also from looking at the vehicle the windows and doors were locked so the driver killed them in return as they couldn't escape" Ian said. "So this whole thing was done from inside the car and they all killed each other?" Chase asked, "it appears that way, the chief said to just let this one go, and he will tell the other families" Ian said. "Okay thanks Ian make sure you tell the chief I said to give you a raise" Chase said. "Haha I am sure he would love that, have a good day Chase" Ian said, "you too" Chase said as he hung up and drove home he was glad this case was solved even though it still sucked. Chase arrived home and Skye kissed him, "hey everything okay?" Skye asked, "no" Chase said, "why were the twins at Zoe's?" Skye asked as they were eating dinner in their highchairs. "I picked them up from my parents they are dealing with something and I felt like they needed time. I was called to work and Zoe was the closest option" Chase said. "Are your parents okay?" Skye said sounding worried, "they are fine yes but Cassie is sick Skye" Chase said. "Sick how?" Skye asked now concerned, "she has cancer in her bones or something she was meeting with the doctor today" Chase said. "Oh god why does cancer have to take everyone we love!" Skye said. "It is not taking my sister I won't allow it, I am going to go see her do you mind?" Chase asked, "no its cool, Max and Orianna will be home soon on the bus and the girls and I will go pick them up" Skye said giving Chase a kiss as she prayed Cassie would be alright.

Chase drove to his parents house and he noticed they were not there so he decided to wait and Everest and Marshalls. Chase knocked and Josh opened the door, "hey uncle Chase" Josh said, "hey bud how is the new girlfriend?" Chase asked, "she is good, I am actually getting ready to go out with her. Are you here to see someone specific?" Josh asked. "Is your dad at work?" Chase asked, "nope he is upstairs getting Owen to try and use the potty, I mean its not hard but the kids struggles" Josh said. "Give him a break we are trying with the twins too and they are struggling" Chase said, Josh ran upstairs and Marshall came down with Owen, "uncle Chase" Owen said giving him a hug, "hey little man you still having trouble with the potty?" Chase asked, "yeah" Owen said, "that is okay bud you will get there" Chase said as he went to play with his toys. "What is wrong Chase?" Marshall asked, "Marshall its Cassie she is sick" Chase said, "is she okay?" Marshall asked, "no she has bone cancer, and she is with my parents at the doctor right now" Chase said. "Oh man do you know what type and where?" Marshall asked, "no I know nothing, I am waiting for mom and dad to come home" Chase said. "Oh jeez I hope she is okay this is not a good thing" Marshall said. "No it isn't I am worried Marshall" Chase said, "Cassie is young and is a fighter she can get through this, lets not jump to conclusions until we know more" Marshall said. Chase's phone rang he noticed it was Skye, "hey babe you okay?" Chase asked, "no something is up with Ace, he is growling and I can't get him to stop and its scaring the girls and me" Skye said. "Okay I am coming" Chase said wondering what was up with his pup, "call me when they come home Marshall" Chase said as he left and he was glad he brought his cruiser as he made it home fast.