Gensokyo Chapter: The Hammer and Blade

(Art source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/104169501)

*CLANG*

I look around me, a wasteland surrounds me.

*CLANG*

Where am I?

*CLANG*

Am I.... In a Dream? A boy walks up to me, about my age and looks similar to me, just no glasses and without my mystic eyes.

???: That was a hell of a fight wasn't it?

(Y/N): I guess it was- wait, who are you?

???: Oh that doesn't matter right now, just what did you think of the fight? Pretty exhilarating wasn't it?

He fully turns to look at me, a smug smile, plastered all over his face, wearing something like the uniform Mom gave me, hands in pockets.

???: A part of you knows who I am, but we've got much to learn.

(Y/N): Who are you?! Answer me!

I try to reach for my knife, but it's not there. I try to trigger my circuits, but they won't activate.

???: Look, we both know who the better half is, but sadly, our time is up here. See ya.

Kanshou and Byakuya show up in his hands. I Blink and the gap is closed between us. But how did he?! Before I realize it, the blade is almost in my stomach.

Then, I wake up.

I see the roof of my room, there, glow in the dark stars stick to it. I can recognize some of the patterns, the two dippers, Gemini, Orion, and even Pegasus. Did Mom set them up while I was asleep? I get out of bed and look down, I'm in my Pajamas, comfy as ever. I look for my uniform, but I can't find it, I just put on the tabard outfit Mom gave me, and walk out of my room. I turn and See mom, holding my uniform.

Ran Yakumo: Oh! You woke up sooner than I imagined, I thought you'd be out for a day, but you've only been out for a couple hours! Don't worry about Chen, she's been taking a cat nap for about as long as you've been out. Go over to the dining room, I'll make you something for lunch.

I nod, taking the uniform from moms hands and quickly put it right next to my futon and go over to the dining room, she's already done making a sandwich once I'm there.

Ran Yakumo: Here, have this, Lady Yukari wants you to meet her outside in 30 minutes. I recommend you start heading over to the court in the backyard.

(Y/N): Thanks for the sandwich!

Ran Yakumo: Your welcome, my child. I might as well make one before I go, I need to go check on some errands in the village, make sure you inform your Mother about this, okay?

I start heading over to the court where Chen and I fought, I think I'll get some extra training done before Mother gets here. I arrive outside and quickly set up a new dummy. I pull my knife out and get some quick attacks in. I instantly notice the tabard is harder to move in than my uniform. The tabard is oddly stiff, even more oddly, the uniform felt like it didn't restrict my movement at all. I get a couple more slashes in, then switch to a reverse grip and take one more good slash, then

*KLERNK*

The blade of my knife gets stuck in the dummy, while the handle stays in my hand, it's broken in two.