Disappearance Day

The day Number Five disappeared started like any other.  Wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast, and train, train, train.  Nothing was ever ‘normal’ in the Hargreeves household, but, for the most part, things went smoothly.  Until dinner.

Every night an argument would start.  It didn’t matter if it was between Luther and Diego or Reginald and Klaus; a fight would always break out.  Tonight’s entertainment starred Reginald and Five.

“You’re not ready!” Reginald scolded.

“I am more than ready!” Five seethed.

“You need to hone your power first!  There are an endless amount of things that could go wrong during time travel!  You’re too young to understand this.”  The other children watched with wide eyes.

“I’ve been training every day for my entire goddamn life!  I can understand precise calculations just fine!  I do it every time I jump for God’s sake!”  Five practically had steam blowing out of his ears at this point.

“My word is final.”  Five bolted to his feet.  “We are not discussing this anymore.  Now sit down.”

Instead, Five disappeared.

After a few seconds, Allison broke the silence.

“Should we go find him?”

“He’ll be back soon enough.  Now, off to bed with you.”  Reginald said, dismissing them.

Only, he didn’t come back.  Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, until one day, about five months later, the children were pulled out of their daily training and into the living room.  They all stood at attention in one uniform line.

Reginald and Grace stood before them.  A girl with (h/c) hair stood to the side, avoiding eye contact.

"Dad?  What's going on?" Luther asked.  Reginald gestured for the girl to come forward, out of the shadows.

"Meet the new Five."

Sorry for how short this is!  This was a little drabble I started in class and I'm not sure if I'll continue it.
- fin <3