The New Five

“What do you mean ‘the new Five?’”  Diego asked.

“As you know, our team is incomplete without Number Five.”  Reginald started.  “She will take his spot as The Boy.”

“Is she even one of us?”  Allison questioned.

“She has powers, yes.”  Reginald stated.

“And those powers are…?”  Klaus started.

“I can shapeshift,”  The girl spoke up.

“You were not authorized to speak.”  Reginald said in a sharp tone.  “Well?  Why are you still here?  Go back to your training.  Five will be joining you shortly.”

The children all filed out of the living room and back towards the gym, save for the new girl.  Reginald began to walk towards his office.

“I hope you know, insubordination will not be tolerated.”  He said over his shoulder, disappearing into the study.

“I’ll show you to your room!”  Grace said, wrapping an arm around the girl.

The room was decently sized.  It was obvious someone had stayed there, but they didn’t seem very interesting.  The decoration was dull, consisting of a desk, some posters, and a bed with a plain blue comforter.  The only thing about the room that seemed to jump out were the walls.  They were a chalkboard-green with a few equations scattered here and there.  The closet was wide open, filled with ten identical uniforms.  

"Welcome to your room!"  Grace said cheerily.  "Your bags will be sent up while you're training with others.  For now, change into your uniform and head down into the gym."

Sighing, the girl flopped down on her new bed. 

Well, this is utterly miserable, she thought.

She stood up and walked to the door, closing it.  She grabbed a uniform from the closet and changed into it.

In the mirror, her reflection stared back at her.  She barely recognized herself.

"How the hell do you tie a tie?"  She asked herself, struggling with the piece of fabric around her neck.

She walked out of the room and looked both ways down the hall.

I probably have time to look around a bit.

She started down the hallway, peering into each bedroom.  They all had distinct personalities.  One was extremely feminine with chandeliers and fabric draped from the ceiling.  Another was relatively plain with an overflowing bookshelf and a dart board hanging over it.  

The sound of a violin stopped the girl in her tracks.  She immediately recognized the melody.

Allegro in D Major by Vivaldi.  It’s a good one.  Whoever is playing it is doing incredibly, although they’re only playing the first violin part.

She followed the sound, eventually coming to a halt in front of a tiny bedroom.  It was more of a closet with a bed shoved into it, really.  A girl stood in front of a music stand, playing a violin.  She stopped after a few more measures, noticing the girl standing in her doorway.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you-" she said. "You sound fantastic.  That's one of my favorite pieces."

"Do you play?" she asked timidly.  

"I used to."

A voice interrupted the exchange.

"Five!  We need you for training!" Grace's voice rang out.

"I guess that's me now.  So, I'll be seeing you?" The girl asked.

"Yeah.  Wait, what's your name?" she responded.

"(Y/N)."

I am aware the end of this is shit.  I'm currently sitting backstage at my community theatre's production of Rent so I'm not super focused on channeling my inner Victor Hugo right now lol.  Have a great day and remember to drink water!
- fin <3

P.S.
I am so sorry I took so long to write this, school and theatre have been insane lately.