Chapter Nine - The Exhaustion

"You need to realize that our lives are on the line," she heard someone say. She then woke up slightly and saw Jamie and Joseph talking. She stayed quiet, pretending to go to sleep. "They're looking for you Joseph. They're looking for her. And you fucked up by picking her up that night," he said "No, actually, I dropped her off and pick her up, for a reason," he defended, "To get caught!? Joseph, our lives are in danger, do you understand that?" Jamie argued, "How are we in danger!? I know what I am doing, Jamie. We won't get caught, I've already spoken to people," he said, "You're friends that have been arrested fifteen times? And the reason they got out was because of us?" He said, "Jamie, we are fucking lawyers, think like one. Look back on how they won't find her or us," he said. Then she began to think.

He always wore black (when he was out in public), he never showed his face and when he did, it always seemed as if they were having a good time. Well, he made it seem like they were having a good conversation since he was always in front of her to that others can only see his face and not hers. That's why he was always smiling while speaking to her. She thought about it, then realized that he was one hell of a good actor. He never once made a scolding face at her when they were out in public. Then she remember there was no security or cameras out in the area she lived and when he had noticed he was hurt, they were far enough to where cameras from the hospital couldn't capture him placing her in the backseat. And now she realized the reason he sent her to work. Damn, he had a good plan.

  "Joseph, what the hell? Did you think sending her to work once was going to convince people that she was fine?" Jamie questioned, "Jamie! Shut up. I have to wake this bitch up," he groaned, before walking to her. Offended that he called her bitch, she got up quickly, when he wasn't looking and punched him right in the back of his head. This time she wasn't going to hold back. He turned to face her, "This is for calling me a bitch!" she punched him again right in the nose. "Also payback for breaking my nose, bitch," she said, her heart filled with rage. "See you're speaking English again," he chuckled, she looked at him, not realizing that she had said something in English. She laughed, then kicked him on his lower stomach causing him to fall back. Jamie grabbed her arm and pulled her back, but she ended up getting defensive and punched him so hard that he also fell back and hit his head against the wall.

  Joseph attempted to get up but she kicked his face. Blood began to spill from the contact of her foot. "You deserve this shit," she said, kicking his stomach and kicking and punching him anywhere she could. Punching him with all her force. Jamie grabbed her ankle but soon found himself getting his arms twisted by her. He yelled out in pain and fell back. Joseph got up and threw her against the wall. "Oh, you want to play games?" he said, but she began twisting both of his arms and kneeing him in the crotch. He yelled out in a pain, falling to the ground, and Jamie quickly crawled out of the room. "Don't forget the power of the Goldwing," she spat on his face. Then repeatedly used all her force stepping on his chest until he was spitting blood.

Once she saw the blood she stopped. Realizing what she had just done. She chuckled feeling a whole lot better. The rage in her heart that she had for him was emptied. She felt somewhat good to see his face bloody and bruised. "Guess, it feels good to beat people," she said. "Now, I understand why you do it," she laughed, patting his cheek. She could tell that he was struggling to breathe and that's when two men came. "Get her," Joseph breathed out one of them came to her and the other sat him up and began to check for his weak pulse and check the injuries. Meanwhile, the other man placed heavy chains on her shoulders and pushed her to her knees. He stood in front of her and the blood from his wounds dripped onto her forehead. "You're a strong girl," he said, "Didn't expect you to be that strong," he smeared his blood down her face to her lips. She wanted to gag at the taste of blood, but she kept herself as calm and collected as possible.