Chapter 1

Athena was woken up by her alarm at 5 am just the same as every other day. Her family is not your normal family on the ark they are power-hungry and emotionless to everyone except those they care for. 

Athena lives with her mother Hera, her father Nero and her brother Ares. Her mother's family had a tradition of naming children after Greek Gods and goddesses.

Yes, Athena has a brother her parents pretend that she was her ex-aunt's child. Her Aunt was hidden for 20 years before she was found and floated along with Athena's grandparents. Hera had told the guard that Athena was her sister's child and she was able to keep her as if she were her own, which no one but them knew was actually the truth.

Athena got out of bed and headed to the kitchen to eat the same breakfast as every other routine morning. The Reids do everything as a family so Athena and her brother can be regulated. They are kept under strict watch by their parents and punished for the slightest mistakes. They had to be perfect.

 Her brother was the favourite always given priority as in public he was their only child. Though she had to act obedient to avoid her parent's wrath she had grown to resent her family and their entitlement. Her thoughts wandered as she ate consumed by the silence around her.

 Once Breakfast had been eaten they all made their way to train as they did every day. Training started with endurance she ran and ran increasing the speed gradually until her lungs felt as though they were on fire breathing becoming ragged and irregular but she had to continue. She had to be perfect.

Then she worked on flexibility and balance through dancing and gymnastics for Athena it was the best activity as she had a sense of freedom. Yes, there were routines that were controlled and needed to be executed with precision but she had some room to be herself and that was the most liberating feeling for her. 

After lunch she moved on to training her Survival skills, fighting techniques and language lessons. Hera and Nero believed that all of these skills were vital for them to overpower the ark. Athena was learning her 6th language at the age of 11 and yet she was still criticised by her parents for her skills calling her incompetent and berating her for the smallest of things. Her mother reached out to hit her as she had done many times before.

Athena had had enough she was tired of the pain, she knew what she was about to do would get her punished however she didn't care, all that was on her mind was getting away from them. She thought if she could get herself arrested maybe that would stop them from reaching her and she'd have an evaluation at 18 so she may not be floated however at this point she couldn't care less what happened to her as long as she got away from their cruel ways. 

So she Ran.

She ran out of their home and into the ark going into one of the first general-use rooms she could find and she began to smash it up making as much noise as possible letting out the anger she had contained for years. It felt as though a switch had been flipped inside her head and she let out a pained scream sobbing as she continued to destroy whatever she could get her hands on. Athena heard the footsteps of people running into the room and gasps of shock yet they sounded so far away she couldn't care to try to decipher them. She was so caught up in her head that she failed to notice one of the guards coming up to her until they were reaching out to grab her. 

Memories of her parent's abuse flashed before her eyes and at that moment she lost all sense of reality. She hit out at the man in front of her, she heard a grunt of pain and continued to fight the man until she heard the crunching of a bone, she then let him go as he fell to the floor. Another guard came up to her and this time she grabbed the item closest to her (a broken piece of metal) and she jabbed it at the guard next to her. 

In her delirious state, she was locked onto the guard next to her not noticing the other three surrounding her. Suddenly she felt a sharp pulse of electricity ripple through her body as she heaved in the air around her. Athena's vision started to fade to black and for the first time in her life she felt at peace.

What she didn't know at that moment was that she had cut her arm open and black blood was coming out of the wound. When the Guards noticed this they took her to the med bay where Abby was waiting to investigate.

By the time she woke up, she was on a dropship on the way down to earth only accompanied by a backpack filled with some survival supplies and a note explaining why and where she was going.

Athena didn't know if she should be happy or terrified. They had sent her to die but she was finally free from the control of others. She decided she was going to make the most out of this chance, she wasn't locked up. No, she was free and the world was hers to make her home.

Thank you for Reading everyone! I hope you are enjoying it so far I am excited to write more and show more of my plan for the story. Let me know what you thought!!