Time for Turning

The next hours previous to the burial went by quickly, silently, with a young red-headed priest, a geriatric golden-scaled Dragonborn and whatever Sirdan was, digging a grave for their friend, Eilrath, a religious barbarian in touch with nature and her goddess Demeter, she was kind even through her rough appearance, she could get along with anybody, and with small details, she won over everyone's trust and hearts. With Rajeem was the lending of a magic item, a silver ring of protection to help him stay safe in case they got in trouble and she couldn't protect him, he refused for a bit but she insisted, saying she didn't need it, even though the pale man saw how she took it from her finger and placed in a little pretty silver box for him to keep, now, as he sat on a log away from the other's ears, soft wind moving his long black hair out of place, composing a melody on his cello, and doing his best to capture her essence on a song, he could feel the guilt ooze from said ring, he could feel it throbbing around his finger, it distracted him profusely.

For Sirdan was easy, he was a drug addict, a magic addict, an everything addict, if he could try to snort ants he'd do so in a heartbeat... on second thought he probably hadn't done that yet because it hasn't crossed his mind, so what did Eilrath do? enable him, obviously, to Evan'geline it wasn't a good thing to do, and would always nag them about it, but he was happy and so was Eilrath, she always seemed to know things he could consume that would get him high, and now, with the grave dug, and the body inside of it, he sat on a nearby headstone as he stared at a little jar with rubber glue, she had given it to him as a gift, and had even given him a couple of refill of said glue, he clutched it tightly, for once not thinking on getting high, but maybe drunk, blackout drunk.

Abel was easily won over as well, he was the youngest of the group the most socially impaired or socially awkward to put it a bit more kindly, the man stood out like a sore thumb, with bright red hair, tattered red clothes, and dark orange-brown skin against the dull gray mist and dull opaque greens that were so characteristic of the Bakia region, so he looked and felt out of place, and it was clear that he had been shown little to no kindness, maybe that is why when Eilrath decided to gift him a little wooden horse she had been making, it meant the world to him, he clutched the thing to his chest as if his life depended on it, he said he would cherish it forever, he didn't say it out loud though, but he said it with his child-like smile and the way his eyes seemed to shine a different light. He was clutching the horse right now, trying to look anywhere but the grave and trying to distract his mind, only now noticing the strange man sitting across the simple graveyard outside that forgotten little chapel, a burly-looking man with a thick beard and thick clothes that intimidated the young human.

As for Evan'geline she was still far away from this scene, at least in her mind, she was thinking about how her late friend had taken an interest in her dummy friend and patron, an interest no one else had taken before, she admired his woodwork, which she knew and felt made Evan happy, or something close to that or alike to that, the hulking woman had noted how he could use some care since the wood was looking a bit worn and gifted Evan'geline with a special wax that made Evan look fantastic, she too will cherish this gift from Eilrath for all time.

As each of them sat in silence pondering, Rajeem walked back to the graveyard looking a little bit ashamed since he wasn't so confident about the piece he just wrote.

- I... did what I could in such a short time. - he said before he started playing.

Indeed, it wasn't his greatest piece, but it was beautiful nonetheless, it was melancholic and sad, yet with a small tint of hopefulness that made Evan'geline's eyes water, as she who never prayed found herself silently calling for Eilrath's goddess to come for her soul and to not let her be another ghost wandering the world, because she knew, more than anyone here, how that was a possibility.