Meth & Red

Even from outside Method's house, Christina could feel the music pulsating, thumping loudly. Stepping out of the parked car, she turned to face Nelly, as a sudden wave of nerves washed over her. The tall rapper, sensing her unease, shot her a reassuring look.

As she glanced through the windows, she saw the house was brimming with people. The warm glow of light spilled out onto the front lawn, illuminating the partygoers outside.

It was barely nine in the evening, but she already wished she was home, curled up in bed. Why the hell did she listen to Mya?

As Nelly led her through the crowd, exchanging greetings with familiar faces, the blonde singer felt her nerves prickling beneath her skin, her fingers fidgeting with the belt loop of her jeans. Her shyness tugged at her, urging her to retreat, but she silently repeated her mantra: 'fake it 'til you make it'.

Mustering her confidence, Christina readjusted the straps of her pink butterfly top, wiping the sweat off her hands on her jeans.

Just as if she were performing on stage, her persona changed. Her gaze lowered, and her hips swayed as she walked. Despite knowing that male validation was a thinly veiled façade, oh, how she loved the attention it brought.

"Chris," Nelly said, catching her attention. She looked over to see a man standing nearby. "Meet Jordan."

Jordan, slightly shorter than Nelly, sported a well-groomed beard and moustache. He greeted her with a warm smile and extended hand. "Jordan Bratman. I'm a music producer. You must be Christina?"

Christina shook his hand. "Nice to meet you."

"I've heard a lot about you. Good things, of course," he chuckled. "I work closely with Dallas Austin."

Christina nodded, recognising the name. "Yeah, I know him."

"He's an interesting guy," Jordan said knowingly. "But let me tell you a secret, Christina. You have something special, a unique voice and presence. Dallas and I see great potential in you."

"Oh, well, thank you," Christina stammered.

"Only the truth, and I—"

Nelly interjected quickly, signalling a change in topic. "Hey, hey! No business talk tonight."

"My bad," Jordan replied, a smile playing on his lips. "You know I love my job. Anyway, it was great meeting you. See you around."

As Jordan made his way back into the crowd, Nelly turned to Christina, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Damn! He's one of the biggest music producers motherfucker."

Christina's cheeks flushed, and she couldn't help but let out a nervous laugh. "We'll see though, but I can't lie. He's kinda cute."

Nelly let out a low whistle, "You going home with him tonight?"

"Oh shut up!" Christina laughed.

Just then, a voice cut through the lively chatter from behind Christina.

"Who's cute?"

It was Mya, making her entrance with her signature 'fashionably late' style. The dark-haired woman flaunted a stunning dark blue strappy cowl top and low-rise jeans. Her coiled curls were meticulously styled into a sleek bun, and her edges were gelled.

As Mya joined the conversation, Christina briefly filled her in on the encounter with Jordan Bratman. However, the focus of their discussion gradually shifted back to the party around them.

Soon enough; tequilas, vodkas, black sambucas and jägerbombs became a blur.

The blonde singer gradually found herself laughing and chatting with strangers. She even joined Mya on the floor, dancing without any inhibitions.