Week 5 - Wings, Flings, and Demon Kings

Week Five - January 29th- February 4th

Title: Wings, Flings, and Demon Kings

Author: CMF_Wright

Genre: Paranormal

Number of Chapters: 22

Completed? Yes

Link (Added as an in-line comment):

Blurb:

[COMPLETE] A rambly angel. A debonair demon. A very stuck elevator...

NIRAEL has never been the best angel. A little too loud, always in the wrong place at the wrong time, she constantly finds herself written up by her archangel superiors for minor misdemeanors. When her Remedial Goodness program forces her to do a capstone project on Earth, she's determined this will be the moment she finally turns her life around. 

That is, until she meets...

AZERATH has always been a good demon. Which, in demon terms, is tantamount to career suicide. Sent to Earth as part of his Remedial Evil program, his demonic superiors issue him an ultimatum: corrupt a hundred souls in the next month or risk being unmade.

But they didn't specify that the souls he corrupts have to be human.

Mostly romcom fluff with a dash of existential angst.

Goose's Thoughts:

This week we plunged into the world of the paranormal with Angles, Demons, and everything in between!

There was something really special about the story told by CMF. I loved the prose for the story; the snarky comments from the MC, the diary format, and the crazy, chaotic feel of the whole thing just made the piece incredibly unique. This was a really fun read that was equally heartbreaking and made me want to break my laptop multiple times.

CMF's way of weaving the two opposing worlds together is astounding and I loved the little clues she left throughout and how it all linked together. The overall story is amazing and I cannot praise it enough. There were so many intricate details throughout with small details that you might miss at first but pick up later on in the story.

I absolutely loved the romance element weaved throughout the paranormal aspects of the story. My heart broke so many times throughout, especially towards the end. CMF creates such an emotional roller-coaster throughout that it left me on the edge of my seat multiple times. I'm not afraid to admit that I did have a tear or two in my eye multiple times.

This is definitely a story to read if you have a few hours to spare and want to feel a roller-coaster of emotion, I cannot recommend this one enough.

Thank you for writing such an insane and heart-breaking story, CMF!

-Goose