Chapter 2 - Home?

A man had also been following the group to the barn. didn't know this place was a common meeting spot otherwise, I wouldn't have come, I much preferred being on my own it was the reason I left and it will be the reason that I leave this group at the first chance I get.

"I have a community, with walls, I can take you all there we have plenty of space and resources for all of you." The man who had introduced himself as Aaron spoke. great another community I thought to myself, just what I want. but for me, more people means it will be easier to escape unnoticed, I don't understand why they even want me here I'm like their hostage."

" We will head there tomorrow," rick, who appeared to be the leader, spoke. since when was I included in this, I didn't want to go, they could leave me here for all I care.

"I don't want to come" I chimed in."Im not a part of your group."

"that's for sure," Darly said quietly but just loud enough for me to hear.

"your coming, that's final. we can't trust you after what happened what if you send your group to us?" Rick responded.

i rolled my eyes at this response. "I've already told you I don't have a group. I'm alone and that's how id like it to stay!"

"tough shit kid, we leave tomorrow"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was loaded into the back of the van like I was some sort of package they didn't want to be dealing with, I was ignored for most of the way there which didn't bother me I would be leaving them soon anyways although it couldn't be soon enough. Carl approached me nearer to the end of the trip.

"sorry about how they're treating you." his eyes looked sad and he seemed genuine but I didn't want to get attached to any of these people so I turned away.

"I'm trying you know, I don't hate you and id like to have you stay. i didn't think there was anyone my age left. I've been wanting a friend." he continued. He wanted me to stay? me?A friend? a small smile formed on my face.

"Okay carl, if you insist," I said sarcastically although I was sure that I meant it.

We arrived at the place called Alexandria soon after and we had to hand over our weapons which I was unsure of but did anyways, we each then had to go in for a meeting with someone called Deanna. I hated the idea of this it was like we were being interviewed for a job.

"Faye"

I was the last to be called in.

"so your Faye am I correct?" a middle-aged maybe older-looking, short woman asked. she didn't look at all like how I had expected.

"yeah, I am" I answered not wanting to chat much.

"I'm just going to ask you a few things so I can find out how you'll fit in here. is it okay if I record this?"

"do I have a choice?" I replied.

"I guess not." she shrugged before turning on the video camera.

"the others didn't mention you. are you not close with them-" not even carl mentioned me?, wow maybe he didn't want me to stay as much as I thought maybe he just said that to make me feel better. "- well the boy did. carl I think his name was." all those thoughts were pushed away once again.

"no, I just joined them I guess if you would say joined. they found me in the barn."

"ah I see"

she asked me a few more questions before letting me leave. i was staying in a house with rick which I couldn't be more unhappy about, I guess carl being there was good but the rest couldn't be worse.

The next day I and carl were sent to meet the other kids our age. There was Ron, Mikey and Enid. Enid didn't talk much, and Ron and Mikey talked too much. but carl seemed to enjoy himself, and other kids our age, I got it now he no longer needed me and I was free to leave again. I felt a sense of relief that I would be able to leave without feeling guilty but it was later overtaken by almost sadness. how could I miss him I hardly know the boy?

I went to my "home" and began to pack my stuff. I almost don't when carl walked in.

"where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm leaving," I said bluntly

"what, why?"

I ignored him.

"I'm coming with you then," he said

"no your not. Don't be stupid you have family here I don't belong in this place I'm better off alone."

"Trust me, nobody is better off alone you might think that but you aren't trust me"

"you can come but there's no way in hell that I'm staying, so if your coming grab all of your shit cause were leaving now."

I began to walk out of the house and climb the walls using some metal rods that I found on the side. carl came and joined me shortly after. once over the walls, I felt free again, something was missing but at the time feeling free again made me too happy to even pay attention to that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: this is just a small story to try to help me get rid of my writer's block while I'm writing never letting go since that's my main focus and story I guess. so sorry if you like this its just kind of going to be inconsistant.