𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓.

disclaimer: you are not obligated to listen to these songs or play them in a specific order. they just reminded me of this book and i figured to share some of my inspiration with you all! <33

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

1.  𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄? by I Monster.
- "am i in love with just a theme? or is ayesha just a dream? a mystery... oh, who is she?"

2.  𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐒 by Grimes.
- "my heart, i never feel, i never see, i never know. oh, heart, and then it falls, and then i fall, and then i know."

3.  𝐂𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃 by Jack Stauber.
- "oh, circumcise my love for you."

4. 𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 by The Stupendium.
- "so slot your pennies in the vending machine of love and pick that fizzy little minx that you've been dreaming of."

5. 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 by Mac DeMarco.
- "heart to heart, heart to heart..."

6.  𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 by Laufey.
- "one day, i will stop falling in love with you. someday, someone will like me like i like you. until then, i'll drink my coffee, eat my pie, pretend that we are more than friends. then, of course, i'll let you break my heart again."

7. 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 by Suki Waterhouse.
- "the skyline falls as i try to make sense of it all."

8. 𝐌𝐘 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 by The Living Tombstone.
- "touch me, midas, make me part of your design. none to guide us. i feel fear for the very last time. lay still, restless. losing sleep while i lose my mind. all thrill, no stress. all my muses left behind (left behind). world is... below. so high up, i'm near-divine. lean in, let go. i feel fear for the very last time."

9.  𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 by Lady Gaga.
- "he ate my heart, he a-a-ate my heart."

10. 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐖 by Men I Trust.
- "tell me why your hands... are cold (show me how)..."

11. 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄! by ThxSoMch.
- "you crush my heart and say 'it's nothing'. you broke me down, i kept on cutting. i bleed for you and now, i'm gushing. i bleed for you, but you never cared."

12. 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄 by Kxllswxtch.
- "once upon a time was a fool who thought he'd find... purpose in his life along the way..."

13. 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 by PinkPantheress.
- "... the teachers always called it a shame. they say i don't have passion the same... as i did a few years before. they don't see the light there anymore."

14. 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 by PinkPantheress.
- "i used to think we'd make it far, it turned out that we are. it's such a shame that we weren't the same at all."

15. 𝐁𝐎𝐘'𝐒 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 by PinkPantheress.
- "what's the point of crying? It was never even love (never even love). did you ever want me? was i ever good enough? (ever good enough). th-the boy's a liar."

16.  𝐁𝐎𝐘'𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐘 by The Cure.
- "i tried to laugh about it, cover it all up with lies. i tried to laugh about it, hiding the tears in my eyes 'cause boys... don't cry."

17.  𝐑 𝐔 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄? by Arctic Monkeys.
- "she's a silver linin', lone ranger ridin' through an open space. in my mind, when she's not right there beside me, i go crazy..."

18.  𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 by Arctic Monkeys.
- "secrets i have held in my heart are harder to hide than i thought..."

19. 505 by Arctic Monkeys.
- "but i crumble completely when you cry."

20. 𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐏 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐈𝐓 by Arctic Monkeys.
- "i wanna grab both your shoulders and shake, baby, snap out of it (snap out of it)."

21. 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐄 (𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔) by Kaden MacKay.
- "you're a simmering stovetop, i was tempted to touch. if you ever return, it'll burn me too much to bear... so don't you dare..."

22. 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋 by MGMT.
- "not everyone can be like me and michael. the only problem is forgetting which side you're on."

23. 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐘𝐌𝐍𝐀𝐋 by Fleet Foxes.
- "i was following the pack, all swallowed in their coats with scarves of red tied 'round their throats to keep their little heads from fallin' in the snow. and i turned 'round and there you go. and, michael, you would fall and turn the white snow red as strawberries in the summertime."

24. 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐘 by TV Girl.
- "oh, pretty boy (pretty boy)... don't speak (don't speak). you pretty boys (pretty boys) are only good for one thing (for one thing)."

25.  𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 by Hot Freaks.
- "oh, you're in demand. it's impossible. when i see you out at night, all the guys are crowding around. they're telling you the same things that i planned to say. i thought i was unique... maybe i'm not that way."

26.  𝐏𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒 by Hot Freaks.
- "a precious end, i'll never feel your touch."

27.  𝐂𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃 (𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐍 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍) by FIFTY FIFTY.
- "a hopeless romantic all my life, surrounded by couples all the time. i guess i should take it as a sign (oh why, oh why, oh why, oh why?)..."

28.  𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐀 by Stan Getz & João Gilberto.
- "tall, and tan, and young, and lovely. the girl from ipanema goes walking and when she passes, he smiles but she doesn't see..."

29.  𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑 by Sade.
- "his eyes are like angels but his heart is cold."

30. 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 by Dead Man's Bones.
- "there's something in the shadows in the corner of your room. a dark heart is beating and waiting for you. there is no open window, but the floors still creep."

31. 𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒 by Tame Impala.
- "but is there something more than that? but is there something more than that?..."

32.  𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 by Adele.
- "let the sky fall when it crumbles.
we will stand tall, face it all... together."