Chapter 2: A Strange Discovery

"BRRRRRRING! BRRRRRING!"

As the clock kept ringing and ringing, Flain eventually slammed his fist on top of the clock just to shut it up while Bea gently pushed the top of hers to stop it from ringing so much.

"What a beautiful day!" Bea said as she got up and stretched.

"Owl, you wouldn't believe it! I had the strangest dream! Last night after we tried to figure out what to do for Candle's party since my book got ruined, I dreamed that a meteor had fallen and there was this brilliant emerald but when I touched it, I saw an amazing view of a whole other world!" Bea said with excitement in her voice.

Owl only hooted with confusion.

"What do you mean the book wasn't ruined? See, it's right here and I'll show you the pa- Oh my buttons!" Bea exclaimed as she opened her book and saw that her favorite book was now in tip-top condition as if Suzette's tea never even went near it.

"Oh my goodness Owl, the book's fixed! Maybe I dreamed the whole day?" Bea wondered, but then she noticed something sitting on her desk, it was the emerald from the night before but it had changed shape from a regular gem cut to a rectangular shape divided into six triangles that were held together.

"How in the world?" Bea gasped.

Meanwhile, Flain was still getting up and he was trying to do some stretches until he noticed something.

"Wait, where did the sauce go? I just had it on me, and.. wait, how did I even get to my bed?" Questioned Flain as he looked around in confusion.

Then Flain noticed something green in the corner of his vision and he gasped when he saw the same emerald from last night sitting on his desk but it was in a different shape. Instead of its previous shape, it was carved to look like a button in the shape of a heart.

"What the?" Flain asked himself.

Flain was about to investigate the emerald more but then he smelled something. It was a delicious aroma that could calm anything, even a rampaging mixeloptor; the smell of fresh baked cookironis.

Flain quickly followed the smell until he was in the kitchen and when he opened his eyes, he gasped.

It turns out Zorch was in the kitchen, baking the cookironis, but Flain knew that Zorch had a trick up his sleeve like he always would.

"Zorch, what are you doing?" Asked Flain with a suspicious glare.

"What do you mean, big brother?" Asked Zorch in a soft tone of voice.

Zorch turned around, revealing that he was wearing a pink apron that Burnard got him as a joke.

"Dude, did you lose a bet or something?" Flain asked, knowing that Zorch would never in his life willingly wear something like that apron.

"What are you talking about? Are you okay, big brother? Here, sit down and enjoy these cookironis while I wake up Vulk." Said Zorch as he pulled out a seat at the table for Flain and he gently set down the steaming tray of fresh baked cookironis.

Zorch took some of the cookironis off and put them on a plate and put the plate in front of Flain's chair.

"Dude, seriously. Why are you acting so.. so sweet?" Questioned Flain as he sat down and eyed a cookironi with suspicion.

"Flain, I think you might be sick, I've always been like this ever since I could first cook! Now here, you can drink this with your share of the cookironis." Assured Zorch as he sat down a glass of milk next to Flain.

"..Fine, I guess I'll take a bite of it, if it makes you stop acting so weird." Flain said as he bit into a cookironi.

Flain's pupils instantly enlarged and his fire lit up to great proportions, it was the greatest cookironi he ever had. The cheese was just the right flavor, the noodles had just the right crunch, and the chocolate chips tasted as if they were made by the Maximum Mixel himself.