| 22 |

____________________________________

TRAPPED before events in 3x01____________________________________

TRAPPED
before events in 3x01
____________________________________

[🔞MATURE CONTENT AHEAD🔞]

Everest was losing it.

Every single day was the same and it bored her to no ends. Wake up, eat breakfast...watch a movie or play a board game...eat dinner...sleep.

She was homesick for her dragons who were probably missing her like crazy. She couldn't bare to be without her babies. Being with Murphy helped, but not a lot.

Especially when he was losing it too.

His routine differed slightly from Everest's. Each day he tried for hours at a time to get the door open, to find a way to get out, but he never got any closer than the time before.

The only thing they had was each other, and where that should've been enough they still craved the freedom that had been taken from them.

Everest, for the past hour, had been listening to Murphy bang and curse at the door endlessly. His hands grew bloody over and over again, but after the third or fourth time she gave up on trying to stitch or bandage him up.

He just kept hitting the door.

"John! Would you stop that?!" Everest finally yelled. The banging always gave her a headache and she longed for a bit of silence.

That was the one thing she thought she'd get out of this tortured place...silence, but alas, Murphy never gave her a moment of it. Whether he complained or shouted or cursed or hit that damn door...it was always something.

"Sorry for actually trying to find a way out of this Hell hole!" he shouted back sarcastically. Everest could practically see his eyes rolling at her.

The girl sighed, shaking her head as she retreated to a different room in the bunker, the bedroom. The bedroom that had a shower. A shower that was massive and she'd used it a million times already since they'd been trapped. However, her eyes landed on something different, something more soothing and seemingly peaceful. 

A bathtub.

Everest longed for the hot baths she took at Polis, and given how homesick she felt all week, she thought she'd finally give in and take a bath. She knew Murphy had no issue walking right in and asking what she was doing —hell, he'd been doing it for the past month— but she didn't care, all Everest wanted was to soak in a hot oasis.

Everest turned on the water, making it as hot as possible before retreating to the other side where she could brush her hair and take off her clothes.

It only occurred to her recently that she hadn't even used the tub in the past two months she and John had been stuck in the bunker. She always looked for a quick wash, never savoring the heat or relief.