CHAPTER ONE, weird book in the forest

(a/n: words that are underlined & italics are dipper speaking to the audience)

Three teens screaming as they drove away on a golf cart come into view.

My name is Dipper, the girl about to puke is my sister, Mabel, and the girl holding onto me for dear life is our best friend, Annabeth. You might be wondering why we are in a golf cart, fleeing from a creature of unimaginable horrors. But rest assured, there is a perfectly logical reason of explanation.

Let's rewind.

Two siblings, brother and sister, at the age of fifteen were in their house when all of a sudden their parents gave them bags that were packed and put sunscreen on them before they shipped them off.

It all began when our parents decided we could use some fresh air. They shipped us up North to a sleepy town called Gravity Falls, Oregon, to stay at our great uncle's place in the woods.

The twins were now in their shared room up in the attic unpacking their things. "This attic is amazing!" The brunette-haired girl exclaims, turning to face her brother after putting up a poster. Mabel grins, holding up her hands that revealed splinters, causing her brother to grimace. "Check out all my splinters!"

Dipper was walking backwards as he took in his surroundings of his new room, pausing and turning around when he heard a goat. His shoulders drop in defeat and he pouts. "And there's a goat on my bed."

His sister walks over to the goat with a smile. "Hey, friend." She giggles when the goat started chewing on her pink sweater. "Oh! Yes, you can keep chewing on my sweater." She laughed.

My sister tended to look on the bright side of things.

The siblings were now spending time outside. Mabel cheered while rolling down the hill, but Dipper sat on the ground, leaning against the tree with an angered expression on his face as a woodpecker pecked his hat.

But I was having a hard time getting used to our new surroundings.

"Boo!" Someone shouted behind the fifteen-year-old boy. Dipper looked over and screamed, falling backwards when he saw someone wearing a scary mask.

The person took off their mask, revealing the boy's great uncle. He laughed, looking at his great nephew with amusement while he held the mask. Dipper, however, was not amused.

And then there was our great uncle Stan... Stan slapped his knee, continuing to laugh and he pointed at the boy. That guy. Stan then began coughing and choking because of laughing too much. "It was worth it." He admitted once he was able to speak.

Our uncle had transformed his house into a tourist trap he called the Mystery Shack. The real mystery was why anyone came.

Stan gave a group of tourists a tour, different random things in the Mystery Shack that seemed to pique the interest of the group. No one even seemed to care when an antler fell off of an attraction. "Ladies and gentlemen, behold...The Sascrotch!" Stan gestured to a fake gorilla with underpants on. The group all cheered, exclaiming in surprise and some even took pictures.

And guess who had to work there.

Dipper sighd heavily as he sweeps the floor with the broom he held. He glances at his sister when she went to touch an item that looked like an eyeball. Their great uncle slaps her hand away. "No touching the merchandise!"

It wasn't that bad working here, I guess. At least my sister, Mabel, and I got to spend time with our best friend, Annabeth Westley, who also worked here.