chapter 1- first mission

Upon entering the palace, a cool feeling embraced his figure

Upon entering the palace, a cool feeling embraced his figure. Smooth elegant footsteps were heard echoing throughout the empty hallways of the palace. A quiet shuffling noise caught his attention, as a figure stepped out into the light.

"Ah, [redacted], there you are, Lord Dottore wishes to see you. Do come quickly, he asked me to tell you that it is something quite important." A soldier hurriedly stepped towards the prince.

Upon his arrival to the palace many years ago, he had climbed the ranks of the Fatui, but the Tsaritsa has not yet sent him on any missions like his fellow co-workers. Perhaps she still does not trust him? The touch of the cold snow, and the feeling of wind has become foreign long ago.

"Yes, I shall go immediately." He replied coldly.

The soldier shuddered, and as he tried running past, and into the corridor, he face planted directly into the frozen prince.

"[redacted]! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean too! Please, forgive me!" the soldier cried, trying to brush off the dirt stained on the princes clothes.

The poor soldier stared back up to the prince, immediately turning back down, as he saw a cold glare.

"It seems you have not learned any proper etiquette. Very well, I suppose you wouldn't know better," He sighed in annoyance. "Tell me, what is your name soldier?"

The soldier lifted his head a bit, and stood there for a while. "M-my name? I-it's Silas your majesty."

The prince nodded, before quietly stepping away.

Silas stood up properly, before excusing himself, running down the other end of the hallway.

[redacted] chuckled, finding his reaction quite cute.

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .

"You wished to see me, Dottore?"

"No need to be so formal, after all, you know me the best out of everyone in this palace, am I correct?" Dottore chuckled, turning around to face m/n.

"Where is the real segment."

"See? What did I tell you, you can even tell me apart from my clones!" A new voice entered, coming from the entrance of the room. There stood another Dottore, this time splattered with blood.

M/n sighed. "Tch, couldn't even clean up before a guest arrived. Are you completely sure there are no eyes?"

Dottore' s smile grew wider. "Cautious as always! I'm quite sure!" He twirled a scalpel around his index finger. "Would you like to help me with some dissecting? It's been a while since we've had saviour and victim bonding time."

"Shut it old man. Get on with whatever you told me to come here for. I didn't enter this retched room for nothing. It smells like rotten eggs, have you even showered?"

"My, how you wound me so." He feigned being sad, sticking a hand to his "heart". "Anyways, what I called you here for was about a mission from the Tsaritsa. Your first one yet! I feel like such a proud father. Anywho, you are to follow the other harbingers while they attain the gnosis of each archon. If they mess up, that's where you come in."

M/n nodded, sitting down on a vacant stool. "Is that it? Anything else? A time limit, or other procedures?" he asked.

Dottore thought for a moment, trying to recall anything important that the Tsaritsa said. "Oh! Of course, how could I forget. You must remain undercover. Wear your mask and don't. take. it. off. If you do, there will be serious consequences, I'm sure you don't want that. Don't mess the mission up, don't run away- we will find you, don't share any personal info, and that's all!"

"Alright, I'll try my best." M/n sighed. He stood up, before leaving the room, shutting the door with a thud.

"I wish you the best of luck on your journey, my son."

   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .

if you're confused about why m/n has two names, redacted and m/n, it's because redacted was supposed to be his harbinger name. I got lazy, and couldn't think of anything, so if anyone has any suggestions, please comment them. I'll try and upload again, but idk if i'll have enough motivation lmao.