03

afterhours

for the one thing she was genuinely interested and was excited for was the only thing she wouldn't get. hours and minutes faded into one another. it was exhausting to know that time was so merciless, so torturous—it wouldn't give her the only thing she desired.

she dreaded the entire day, waiting, begging to see the soccer team of this school. the only thing that genuinely kept her sanity intact was reo sitting in-front of her and nagi to her right.

most of her classes were spent with reo mumbling jokes or snarky comments about the teachers, never failing to make her laugh. at times, she'd get scolded but she didn't care—she enjoyed reo's company too much.

a part of her die feel guilty for allowing herself to relax and be fond of reo—she felt as though she was betraying her old friends yet even so, her feelings of enjoyment and anticipation to admire this school's soccer team outweighed the guilt.

eventually, the last bell rang, indicating it was time to go home or rather, for y/n to find solace with her new situation.

the purple-haired man, turned sideways to look at the woman behind him with a wide smile across his face, 'i can finally show you how amazing our team really is!' he spoke, with such enthusiasm that it reminded y/n of someone dear to her.

reo turned his back to nagi—who rested his head and arms on the table, it looked as if he was sleeping but he was very wide awake—and nagi instantly climbed onto the man's back, 'let's go,' he slurred.

an odd duo, y/n thought; she didn't dare utter a word and only observed them from afar.

she trailed behind them, walking through mazes and mazes of corridors until they reached their designated place.

the school was quite large and y/n  couldn't observed her surroundings very well as her mind was filled thoughts regarding the team.

'ready to see japan's best?' asked reo to which she nodded with an excited smile spread across her features—an excitement she could no longer contain.

the doors opened and she was greeted with the familiar setting of a soccer field: benches urronded the entire arena, the pitch was adorned with the white markings and the goals were neatly situated on opposite ends of the fields.

the sound of reo's voice snapped the young woman out of her thoughts of admiration for the field: 'everyone! i'd like you to meet our coach's daughter—y/n l/n!'

his rather over-dramatic announcement caught the attention of the most of the players who took their turn in introducing themselves to her.

one thing she noticed right off the bat about this team was that they all appeared really athletic and determined unlike the team from her old school, she could tell that this team was indeed serious about soccer.

6 men introduced themselves to her in total: a tall, giant of a man with beautifully long, silky black hair that adorned his sharp facial features; his looks strongly reminded y/n of her old friend, chigiri hyoma but their personalities were far from similar.

another was a man who looked rather stoned and spoke in very casual dialect; he had white hair a few of his strands loosely covered his hair and some strands were dyed. he also had a beanie. 'yo, i'm eita otoya, nice to meet you man—you're really hot,' he'd said; a compliment to which y/n could only nod and awkwardly greet herself to.

the third was the most gorgeous man y/n had ever laid her eyes on. the man had such a beautiful, well-structured physique. to her, he felt as though he was the embodiment of a soccer player. furthermore, she couldn't help but stare at his gorgeously thin hands—they were so delicate, so gentle...