Chapter 43 (épilogue)

Our honeymoon has been absolutely amazing so far. From days spent on the yacht, to enjoying delicious food, and simply relaxing at home, we have had the time of our lives. It's still hard to believe that Thiago and I are married, but here we are, lying in bed together. I turn to him and see that he's already awake, staring at me with a loving gaze.

 I turn to him and see that he's already awake, staring at me with a loving gaze

"Hello, my beautiful wife. What are you thinking about?" he asks, running his fingers through my hair.

 What are you thinking about?" he asks, running his fingers through my hair

"Just thinking about how unexpected it all was," I reply. "I never thought we'd end up getting married or spending our honeymoon in Capri."

"Well, Nell, you definitely are my wife," he says, gesturing towards the rings on our fingers. "And let's not forget the fact that we're lying here together, naked under these covers. You've also screamed my name countless times as your husband, and let's not forget that you're pregnant with our child." He leans over and kisses my stomach.

"You certainly know how to make me swoon, Thiago," I say, smiling at him.

"I only care about making you happy," he replies. "Now, let's get up. We have some errands to run. My dad's in town to finish up some last-minute work, and he's the only person who doesn't know he's going to be a grandparent."

"My mom won't stop talking about it," I add, laughing. "And you saw my dad's text."

"Yeah, you kids work fast, don't you?" Thiago says, shaking his head. We quickly get dressed and head out, with Thiago driving us to his dad's workplace.

"Thiago, when did you realize that you liked me?" I ask him.

"Babe, I knew from the very beginning that I wanted to be with you. I was just being stupid," he admits. "But ever since the night we met at Sublimotion, I knew that I wanted to be with you. I was foolish to ever hurt you, but everything happens for a reason. It brought us together, and now I have my perfect wife."

As we walk into the building, Thiago is greeted by various people. Some remark on how much he's grown, while others say hi to me. We eventually make our way up to the top floor, where Thiago's dad is waiting in his office.