PREAMBLE

[ PREAMBLE ]

"I like you."

Had it been five years ago, Griffin Barett would have abhorred and evaded Atlas Mavrick Corner, like the bubonic plague, after he said those words.

Had it been a month ago, Griffin Barett would be beaming from ear to ear and his eyes would have sparkled had Mavrick answered that.

But this time, he felt robbed. As though he became the best in the sport to which he dedicated more than half of his life, only to realize that everything that he did was for nothing. He felt like a parent who pushed and forced his child to do and become all that he thought was best for him, just to find out later that what he thought was best, only ruined him.

Griffin wanted them to be best friends forever and he made Mavrick vow on that. However, he did not expect that their friendship would later backfire.

He did not know that a day would come when he would want him. He did not know that there would be a time when he would feel the impulse to grab and twist his mouth whenever they opened to utter the word 'friend'. And that every time Mavrick says he likes him, he would wish it would hold the same meaning as five years ago. Back when he first confessed his feelings. One afternoon, at the rooftop of the East building.

* * *

Witness the unbreakable bond between two college students who were once foes but later become the best of friends.

However, will they ever remain as just friends? Or will one dare cross the forbidden border?

---

🪃 BOOMERANG 🪃

Official Song: Double Take by Dhruv

🖋️:❓

[ February 18, 2023 - ? ]