Chapter 4- The Past

For a second there, I thought I heard him incorrectly. Did he mention something else and I perceived it as something else? Well wouldn't be the first time today when I perceived something wrong.

"Ok sorry to cut in but I think I misheard you saying that you're not General Kirigan??", I nervously chuckled and spoke.

He shook his head and replied, "Nope. You heard me perfectly."

I literally stared at him as if he grew two heads.

"I'm seriously shocked and confused right now but I'm still going to try and be patient. So start talking right now!", I replied to him.

He nodded and then took another deep breath before continuing.

"I was born in the 12th century. Back then humans were only considered as food source and slaves. The Supernatural ruled them. During that time the humans had started forming rebel group but none of them were strong against the Supernatural. So they had approached the White Warriors tribe for help. The White warriors were a tribe or rather a small kingdom of Esarosas. Ruled by their Benevolent and righteous Queen, Aiyana.", Xander explained and then looked at me.

"Queen Aiyana and her people agreed to help the humans and she went to the Council of Supernaturals wherein she was also one of the member. They somehow managed to form a peace treaty but the Vampire community wasn't exactly happy with letting their slaves free. Soon enough, the Vampire King's Younger Brother Augustus eloped with an Esarosa named Eliza, who was Queen Aiyana's First Cousin.", Xander continued.

"He did that as a revenge against Queen Aiyana, right?", I asked him.

He nodded.

"Didn't Eliza suspect anything? Why did she even elope with him in the first place?", I asked him.

He looked up at the sky, as if remembering a distant memory.

"They were in love once. Long before this whole politics and everything came in. They had marked each other and claimed each other as mates and she was already pregnant by then. Not even once did she doubt that her lover would change so much. Augustus Kirigan brought her to his home, the Vampire Castle. Soon, she gave birth to twin boys.", he replied.

My eyes widened in realization.

"She loved her babies. However she only got the chance be with them for a decade because after they turned ten, the age when a Vampire's powers are awoken, Augustus took them away from her. He and his mistress overlooked their education, schooling and everything else. No matter how much they would scream and ask for their mother, they wouldn't be allowed to even see them. The same was with the mother, who was imprisoned in her own room, afterall they couldn't let her go back to her tribe. Augustus tortured her and his own kids and since we were Vampire Royals by blood and have the ability like a wizard, he forced us to learn all kinds of dangerous magic", Xander spoke while looking distant angry, and in pain.

I slowly approached him and held his hand in mine, interlocking our fingers.
His tense shoulders relaxed a bit.

"I'm so sorry love, that you had to go through that.", I replied with a soft voice.

He looked at me and gave a sad smile.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. It was a long time ago.", he replied.

"But some wounds still remains fresh, no matter how many years pass by. Plus time didn't pass for you, for you those memories are of the same lifetime even though centuries have passed by.", I replied but he still seemed distant and then he continued his story.

"Through the years, my brother and I decided to free us and our mom from dad's physical and mental abuse. So once we turned 16, I realized that I had a wolf whereas my brother, Conan Xayden, despite being the one to have a wolf in his name itself, wasn't a hybrid. I still remember how pissed he was and threw tantrums for week after I discovered mine.", Xander replied, this time laughing at a fond memory.