Chapter 3

"Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake. That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."
Stefan questions Elijah, Elena sitting to the right of him and Elijah standing before them.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it he'll be a true hybrid." Elijah tells them, Elena nodding along.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon asks, entering the room. "We can kill him today." He tells them. "With Bonnie."

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena reminds him.

"Then Noah will just put the spell back on her." He tells the both of them, mostly Elena.

"Bonnie doesn't want that. She told me, that whatever magic he used her ancestors don't agree with." Elena shoots him down.

"Noah?" Elijah wonders.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks Elijah, ignoring his question since he, himself can't remember.

"The ritual itself is straightforward." He tells them, deciding that he'll circle back to the Noah topic later. "The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone." Stefan states.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each." Elijah explains to the three.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah answers, walking over to a bookshelf to his right, picking up a box made of polished wood. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... to the point of your death." He answers.

"And that's where you come in." Elena says smothering her nerves.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina." Elijah tells them opening the box, he picks up a small dirty bottle holding it in his hand. "It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't be." Elijah confirms.

"Yeah, no." Damon rejects, getting the three's attention. "We have the weird witch that can do that, who's been successful as well. Why don't we just use him?" Damon reminds them, Elijah's curiosity about the boy only growing.

"Bonnie said her ancestors don't agree with the magic he uses. I'm not going to upset them by going behind their backs." Elena tells him firmly, leaving no room for discussion.

Damon not being able to say anything in response just walks out of the room, his anger rising.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Elena asks the original.

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over 1000 years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will." He tells her.

———

Walking into the grill Noah sees a man he's never seen before standing next to Damon and Alaric. The boys brows furrowing at the magic he's radiating, similar to that of a vampire's but more intense and slightly different.

"Klaus, I presume." Noah hears Damon groan out, making the boys eyes go wide.

"In the flesh." The man confirms, his English accent being prominent. "Thanks for the loner, mate." He thanks, looking over at Alaric.

"Why does nobody tell me this stuff?" Noah grumbles out sitting to the left of where Klaus is standing, ignoring the curious look the original gives him.