Prologue

The Monterrey International Airport was crowded as always. People wanting to go here and there because of vacations, family visiting, etc. The noise was loud, but a certain brunette didn't seem to mind.

The beautiful girl stood still, phone in hand and headphones on, holding on to her suitcase with her free hand. The woman looked around. She was used to big amounts of people. How could she not be, living in the same city for her entire 23 years of life?

The slender brown-eyed looked at the flights in the nearby screen. Her flight to the town of Rohan, Canada, was on time. She was traveling there to get a better job opportunity, or just a better lifestyle in general. 

Monterrey had many, many people and it was incredibly polluted. Sadly, she didn't feel so safe going anywhere else in Mexico, as Monterrey was given the title of the city with the best quality of life in Mexico in 2017. She also didn't want to go to the U.S., so the best option for now was Canada.

As a little kid, she had always been interested in other countries, and this was the best opportunity to meet the land of the maple leaf. Why not?

The airport speaker beeped, then it announced: "Pasajeros del vuelo 54 con destino a Rohan, favor de presentarse en la Terminal 1 Sala E2". (Passengers of flight number 54 headed to Rohan, please go to Terminal 1 Room E2). Bingo. That was her flight.

The honey-skinned girl put her phone in her black hoodie pockets, grabbed her luggage, and started walking towards the terminal. Security had already checked her passport, so everything was alright. She just needed to show her plane tickets. She dug in her jeans' pockets as she placed herself in the line waiting and found the nicely folded piece of paper. She also had it in her phone, but to her, it was better to show it on paper. She also relied her passport, as it was asked there too.

She arrived to the little counter where there was a woman checking the tickets and passports. The woman smiled at her, and she smiled back. 

She showed her passport and ticket, both saying the name 'Harriet Garza'.

"¡Disfrute su viaje! (Enjoy your trip!)" the woman grinned. Harriet nervously nodded and mumbled a small thank you.

She whipped out her phone again, this time just to say goodbye to her family, and that she was already getting on the plane.

*

Hannie:

Ya me estoy subiendo, voy a poner mi cel en silencio y modo avión. (I'm getting on, I'm going to put my phone on silent and on airplane mode.)

Ma:

Cuídate! (Take care!)

Mel:

Buena suerte!!! :DDDD (Good luck!)

*

Harriet sighed as she put her phone away. She found her seat, put her luggage where it should be, and buckled herself. She was going to sleep so well this flight...

_________

Hours later, Harriet woke up, still feeling tired. The plane had arrived to Rohan safely, and it was time to get off. She got her luggage back and went for the other small suitcase she had brought. With these, she called for a taxi to take her to her new home, and apartment complex not that far away from the airport.

That's what she loved about Rohan. Nothing was far, far away, not like most cities. In Monterrey, it took her about an hour to get to the airport from her home. In Rohan, it only took about 36 minutes.

Harriet checked the apartment she had bought, which was number 14. She opened the door with the key she was given when she arrived, and got to look around. The apartment had two bedrooms (she was going to use one for her extra stuff), two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a balcony. She sighed.

"I guess this is home now..."