Playing Hard to Get ~ Joe Burrow (LSU Tigers/ Cincinatti Bengals)

Request for joeyschick

Here I am standing in the hallway waiting for a class to get out. The way my class schedule is I had to chose the later class for psychology. The class that is taking place now is supposed to be out by 12:50. I look down at my watch to see that it reads 12:58 meaning that my class will now be starting a little late.

As I'm standing here in the hallway these tall and overly loud football players come walking by. One of them stops right in front of me and says "I bet I can guess your schedule for the rest of the day?" I just looked at him confused and said "okay take your guess." He smirked and said "well to start it off you have this class at 1 o'clock because I do as well, then I have workouts for football, but after that you and I have a date planned. Am I right?" I rolled my eyes at him and said "You are right about this psych class but other than that you are wrong with a capital W." He smirked before scoffing and saying "we will see about that. You'll be mine just you wait." He then walked back over to his other teammates leaving me standing there speechless. Next thing I know the teacher had finally let the class out and I immediately ran in to grab my seat.

As I sat there in the class I began thinking about how Joe Burrow the transfer student who is now the most popular guy here and ✨THE ✨starter for our football team was talking to me. I couldn't believe the way that he was talking to me by trying to ask me out in front of all those people. Was I playing hard to get? Maybe, but I have good reason to. I've seen the way these girls fawn over these college athletes when they themselves (the athletes) don't even know if they will go into the big leagues or not.

It was now 2:45 in the afternoon and I had just got out of my class. I was walking back down the hallway when I hear a whistle come from behind me. I turned around to see Joe walking towards me. I shook my head and said "Burrow what now?" He looked at me and said "what is it going to take for you to go out with me?" I looked at him and said "I don't know maybe I'm just not interested right now. I need to get used to this school schedule first before I go committing to a boy." He shrugged and said "that's a mood. Whelp I gotta go bye y/n." I shook my head and thought "what is wrong with him?"

                            —Time Jump—

Randomly seeing Joe around school and in classes has continued for a whole week now.. I swear when I signed up for classes and went on my first day I do not remember seeing him in any of them. Not to mention that he is still trying to get me to go out to dinner with him. Do I think that he is insanely cocky? Yes, but it is very attractive that he is so confident. He just oozes the self confidence and the sex appeal that not many guys have here at school.

I was now waiting in line at the Starbucks here on campus in my bookstore. I had time before my last class of the day to stop by and order a coffee. Coffee is one of those drinks that I need everyday to function. After looking over the menu I decided on getting a Venti Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with a splash of cinnamon dulce. It was now my time to order. I ordered my drink and paid for it using my TigerCash that I still had in my account. Once my order was complete and I grabbed my coffee I decided to head outside and start walking my way towards the Business Education Complex. I was an Early Childhood Education major and my plan was to teach Kindergarten when I graduate.

Once I made it to the building I still had about 30 ish minutes before my class started. As I sat down on the small couches in the lobby area a guy came up to me. He said "heyyy. What's a pretty girl like you doing here on this side of the campus?" I smiled and said "hi. I have class over here. I am a education major." He smiled and said "oh okay. My name is Ja'Marr. I am a Sports Administration major. I am also the star wide receiver on our football team." I nodded my head before saying "nice to meet you. I'm Leslie." Ja'Marr then said "ohhh your that girl that Burrow is always talking about. He keeps saying that your his girl; but I mean clearly I haven't seen you both together, so you could technically be mine or anybody's for that matter right?" I giggled and said "is that so?" Ja'Marr then smirked and said "oh yeah. If he doesn't act soon I wouldn't mind taking you out, so what's it gonna be?" I looked at him dumbfounded. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Now another guy at this school was trying to take me out. I was wrapped up in my own thoughts and didn't hear that Ja'Marr was saying "so whatcha say?" over and over again.

The next thing I know Joe was right there in the middle of us. He looked a little pissed off to be honest. I then heard him say "what's going on here Ja'Marr?" I kept turning my head back and forth between the two of them. Ja'Marr then goes "oh nothing much. I'm just talking to your girl Leslie. I mean she is your girl right?" Joe then moves closer to me and goes "oh c'mon stop it. You know I've been talking to her. Leave her alone man." Joe then instinctively put his hand around my waist pulling me in closer to him. Ja'Marr then said "alright, alright. I'll leave her alone, but damn Burrow next time warn me before you go claiming pretty girls; or hell at least help me find one." (A/N: okay but why can I think of Ja'Marr really saying this though?)

Joe just laughed and said "you got it man. I'll help you find a girl on campus. But you need to promise me that you will look after Leslie when I'm not here in the same classes as her." I then clutched my nonexistent pearls and thought "aww. That is the sweetest thing." Ja'Marr then said "thanks man. I will definitely look out for Leslie." He then waved to us and walked off. Joe then turned to look at me and said "did he hurt you, flirt with you, or anything? If so I'm not afraid to beat him up." I giggled and said "no Joe. He was alright. He was just aggravating me about you, saying he has heard all of the stories about you pining over." Joe stood there with a shocked look on his face and said "oh I'm definitely going to beat him up." I then took it upon myself to say "by the way when did you say you were free again? I would love to go on that date with you" I then turned around and walked into my class that was starting, leaving Joe speechless."

A/N: Oh my goodness what a great start to this new imagine book. Thank you so much for giving me such a great scenario to work with @-joeyschick . 💜