Chapter 1

"How sure are you that you will not misplace this thing? You know I fear you when it comes to care Humaira!"
Mama groused as she phased up and down in the room putting back her folded clothes in the wardrobe.

I grinned as I got up and walked to her-hugging her from behind "mama trust me I won't do that "

She shoved me away gently, "that's what you always say, I'm so typical with this sweet talks!"

"please give it to me I don't have a matching veil that I can use and sumayya is waiting for me-am out of time"

She eyed me wearily before flinging the veil onto me, "it's the last time am giving you my thing kinji koh!"

I grinned widely "bakomai thank you let me go get ready" I said as I got up and ran out the door to my room.

I have already huddled into my cherry red Ankara, so what was lingering was a veil which I draped to my shoulders before picking up my bag to leave.

My phone began tinging, and I picked it up.

"Wai kina ina? We have been waiting for you for thirty minutes now fah!"

I smiled as I got down the three steps at the courtyard corridor, "Sorry I'm already on my way, I will be there in 10mins"

"okay we are waiting "

"okay bye" I said as I hung up and walked to my car that was parked in the parking spot.

I stepped in and drove out of the house to khadijas house where sumayya and my other friends were waiting for me to take our friend Khadija to her new home.

It had been a hell of a ride for the past 3days, I Have spent 2 days in sumayyas home together with the bride and our other friends doing the events and now finally it's coming to an end.

*I found myself in the front of the house were I parked my car outside as there was no parking space inside. I got out and walked inside and greeted mama and other people sitting at the living room ready to say good bye to the bride.

I then walked to khadija's room where I found all my friends and the bride seated on the bed.

"uwar shiririta you are finally here" sumayya said eyeing me.

"oho dai now that I'm here at least let me be.

I moved to the bride and hugged her tightly, "su Khadija an zama matar kabir may Allah see you through your marriage"

"Ameen yah Rabb!" they all chorused.

We sat there chatting, later, we start to hear sounds of car driving to the area in full speed.

"I'm in trouble" Khadija said as she burst to tears making us all laugh.

We all motioned to her and hug her tightly while pulling her legs.

"all this will fade away the moment you get alone with your habibi" I said.

"Atoh!" the girls in the room chorused.

After some time, khadijas aunt came In and took her out with her, after about thirty minutes, we saw her ran in crying and she plopped on the bed.

We all got emotional and encircled her giving her words of encouragement.

The moment we got done, we set our selves out to leave.

Me, sumayya and sadiya took my car while some went with the bride in another car as we were not much taking her to her new home.

After we got there, Khadija was still crying. It was with a great difficulty that we got her to keep quiet.

At 7 pm, I decided to leave.

"Kai humaira, why won't you sleep here" Khadija said to me.

I smiled "I'm sorry I have to leave, you know am travelling tomorrow right"

"yes that's true it slip my mind. When will you be back"

"No day, as you know I'm starting a new life there. But I will come back when I get break"

"may you finish you service peacefully"

"Ameen" we all chorused.

Sumayya and Khadija saw me out and I went back home.

I went to bed immediately after completing my salat.

The next day came and I was fully ready to leave. Yaya Ameer was the one who took me to the airport and stayed until my flight took off.

I arrived at abuja from kano, totally exhausted. I needed to get to mama's friend house where I will be staying till the end of my service, what I didn't know was this journey will change my life for worse.

Please share vote comment guys I love you ❤️💯