Volume 4 Chapter 6

Just as everything begins to return to normal between the two groups—

(What a scammer that surnamed Shao is, won't you agree, *-laoban?)

"...You of all people have no right to say that, Qie."

Muttering this, and with his flesh wounds thoroughly bandaged, Long Hua stands up from the sands, and brushes the grains off.

Taking out his fishing rod, and tying a stone to its line, Long Hua draws closer to Shao Tianming's group—seemingly intent on picking a fight.

Following him—at arm's length, is Tian Cheng.

Narrowing his eyes, Long Hua shouts—

"Xiao Chen Chen! Come over here, and greet your ancestor!"

"...!"

Being called out by this name, Chen Lan's shoulders jerk.

"Xiao Chen Chen?"

"Who is that?"

"Do we have someone named that in our group?"

"........."

Seeing Chen Lan choosing to ignore him, Long Hua raises a sigh, and says—

"What? We merely separated for a few moments, and all of a sudden, you refuse to acknowledge your ancestor? Do your balls still ache, and need something to soothe them with?"

"Uh...?"

Thoroughly confused by Long Hua's words, the members of the Ashen River Hall can't help but look to one another.

Amidst the group's self-examination, only Chen Lan is looking the other way, while keeping his head down as much as possible.

"What kind of situation is this?"

Similarly, those—who haven't signed a contract with the Ashen River Hall tilt their heads in confusion.

"..."

Walking over beside Long Hua, Yu Ji directs a look of pity towards Chen Lan.

"Wait..."

Realizing something, Li Zi Xiang slowly turns her gaze towards Chen Lan.

"Xiao Chen Chen? Chen Lan, is that...?"

"...Big sis Zi Xiang, say no more, saying anything only serves to bring me heartache..."

"..."

"..."

With an odd expression on their faces, both Shao Tianming and Wang Yongning turned their gazes towards Chen Lan.

"Don't want to acknowledge your ancestor, do you? Ai, then... I guess, I can only do things the hard way."

Extending his fishing rod fully, Long Hua swings it, causing the line—that is tied to a stone, to fly through the air.

In a swift manner, the line wraps around Chen Lan three times, and secures itself.

With his target secured, Long Hua pulls his line back—dragging Chen Lan out of the crowd.

"Noooo!"

While flying through the air, Chen Lan screams with tears in his eyes.

With how abrupt, and odd this entire situation is—not a single person thought to intervene.

"..."

Brought in front of Long Hua with his feet dangling a few inches above the sand, Chen Lan meekly says—

"An-Ancestor..."

"Hm? What did you say? Your ancestor's ears aren't what they used to be. If you've got something to say, say it at a volume that everyone can hear."

"..."

Realizing that Long Hua intends to have everyone here know that he is acknowledging them as his ancestor, Chen Lan's complexion turns pale, as he mutters—

"Why me?"

Leaning the fishing rod over to Yu Ji, Long Hua gestures for her to hold it, to which, she can only do as hinted.

In the same instance, Tian Cheng takes out a stool from her storage pouch, and places it behind Long Hua.

Taking a seat on the stool, Long Hua crosses his legs, and folds his arms, while directing a harsh glare at Chen Lan.

"Three."

Realizing that the countdown has begun, Chen Lan quickly says—

"An-Ancestor... Ancestor! You're my ancestor! Please forgive this unfilial descendant of yours for not greeting you earlier!"

"..."

"..."

Towards the oddity of this entire exchange, every single person looks on with greater confusion than before.

Raising a smile of amusement, Long Hua remarks—

"Oh? Willing to acknowledge me as your ancestor now, are you? Then... There's an item that I want. You should know what it is."

"That's..."

With a difficult expression on his face, Chen Lan answers—

"Ancestor, even if you beat me to death, I won't be able to give you a teleportation array talisman. In fact, I don't even have one on me! You can check my storage pouch if you want!"

"..."

Detecting no lies in Chen Lan's outward behavior of eyes, tone, and breath, Long Hua shifts his gaze towards Li Zi Xiang, causing her to tremble, while thinking—

(My god, what kind of gaze is that? Does he intend to make me his descendant too?)

Taking five steps back, Li Zi Xiang quickly says—

"I don't have one either."

With a frown on his face, Long Hua turns to Shao Tianming, and says—

"Surnamed Shao, you're making things really difficult for me."

"Difficult, my ass! Hurry up, and release Chen Lan!"

"How about this then? One teleportation array talisman for this descendant of mine."

Seeing this as an opportunity to sow some chaos into the Ashen River Hall, Ye Chen raises his voice, and shouts—

"Surnamed Shao, if you aren't willing to make sacrifices for one of your subordinates, what would the rest of them think?"

"Right! Surnamed Shao, don't you have an image to maintain?"

"Your reputation will go down the toilet if you keep being so stingy!"

Simultaneously, the others join in to spew out the same nonsense as Ye Chen.

Gritting his teeth, Shao Tianming glares at Long Hua, and says—

".........Surnamed Long, you're making things really difficult for me..."

Towards Shao Tianming's repeat of his words, Long Hua chuckles, and says—

"Your Ancestor Long is just that difficult of a man. After all..."

Taking out his folding fan, Long Hua opens it to reveal the words, "number one hottie in the mortal realm."

"Being the number one hottie in the mortal realm—isn't just for show."