Please, Don't Give Up

"I will love you if I never see you and I will love you if I see you every day. I will love you as we find ourselves farther and farther from one another, where once we were so close...I will love you until your face is fogged by distant memory. I will love you no matter where you go and who you see, I will love you if you don't marry me. I will love you if you marry someone else and I will love you if you never marry at all, and spend your years wishing you had married me after all. This is how I will love you even as the world goes on its wicked way."

~Lemony Snicket

"I will not have you without the darkness that hides within you. I will not let you have me without the madness that makes me. If our demons cannot dance, neither can we."

~Nikita Gill

"The fact that you're struggling doesn't make you a burden. It doesn't make you unlovable or undesirable or undeserving of care. It doesn't make you too much or too sensitive or too needy. It makes you human. Everyone struggles. Everyone has a difficult time coping, and at times, we all fall apart. During these times, we aren't always easy to be around— and that's okay. No one is easy to be around one hundred percent of the time. Yes, you may sometimes be unpleasant or difficult. And yes, you may sometimes do or say things that make the people around you feel helpless or sad. But those things aren't all of who you are and they certainly don't discount your worth as a human being. The truth is that you can be struggling and still be loved. You can be difficult and still be cared for. You can be less than perfect, and still be deserving of compassion and kindness."

~Daniell Koepke

"Is it a sin to find beauty in the darkness? To watch as the night sky comes alive with the eyes of the gods? To listen to the forest whisper centuries old secrets? To find solace as shadows dance the same dance they have for eons? Powerful things lurk in the darkness and it is a sin to forget them."

~a modern catastrophe

"We don't fall in love with people because they're good people. We fall in love with people whose darkness we recognize. You can fall in love with a person for all of the right reasons, but that kind of love can still fall apart. But when you fall in love with a person because your monsters have found a home in them— that's the kind of love that owns your skin and bones. Love, I am convinced, is found in the darkness. It is the candle in the night,"

~Hannibal

"I'm afraid of a lot of things, but mostly, most sincerely, I am afraid of being completely unraveled by you, and you finding nothing you want in here."

~L.M. Dorsey.

"You are a church of broken glass and hallelujahs. You are haunted like every other holy thing. What tried to destroy you didn't have the strength. Still, you stand. Sturdy and smelling of smoke."

~Clementine von Radics