It's Worth It To Keep Going

"Your purpose in life is not to love yourself but to love being yourself. If your goal is to love yourself, then your focus is directed inward toward yourself, and you end up constantly watching yourself from the outside, disconnected, trying to summon the "correct" feelings towards yourself or fashion yourself into something you can approve of. If your goal is to love being yourself, then your focus is directed outward towards life, on living and making decisions based on what brings you pleasure and fulfillment. Be the subject, not the object. It doesn't matter what you think of yourself. You are experiencing life. Life is not experiencing you."

~plain-flavoured-english

"Everyone who terrifies you is sixty-five percent water. And everyone you love is made of stardust, and I know sometimes you cannot even breathe deeply, and the night sky is no home, and you have cried yourself to sleep enough times that you are down to your last two percent, but nothing is infinite, not even loss. You are made of the sea and the stars, and one day you are going to find yourself again."

~ttender

"I know we're both just messing around pretending to be whole but look at me. If the train was coming would you move? If the ground was falling from under your feet would you even notice or would it just be another Tuesday for you? If somebody stabbed you, could it hurt worse than you already do? What I'm saying is that I love you but I think we both would drive over the speed limit when it's raining. What I'm saying is that I want to hold your hand and I understand about how you sometimes have to sit down in the shower. What I'm saying is that I'm here for you and if the train comes, please move."

~inkskinned

"But he had eyes like rain and hair like waves and a soul as vast and deep as the ocean. And I guess I didn't mind drowning in him."

~unknown

"I was born a fighter; gatekeeper of an endless war where justice and revenge are dishes best served warm, where the lines between right and wrong don't exist anymore— I am judge, jury, and executioner. I am the weapon that hands out the sentence. I am the last thing you'll ever see— but I didn't want to be a fighter. I just wanted to be free.

-the devil and god are at war inside me"

~suicidevsquad

"What is more unfair than having to choose between being a monster or being a hero? (when you have to be both.)

When you learn that the road to hell is paved with more than just good intentions.

-you are not heads or tails; you are the coin"

~dvoyd

"My eyes ache with the weight of unshed tears. You are my home, do you not understand?"

~Amy Lowell

"Suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you're alive and it's spectacular."

~Joseph Campbell

"She's deeper than anyone else, and that's probably why nobody gets her. She's a bit too much for anyone, that's perhaps the reason she's always alone. She's more mature than anyone else her age, maybe that's why she understands what others can't. But she wants to feel understood, she doesn't want to be lonely anymore, she wants to be normal so that she can fit in with others. She wants to change herself because she just wants to be loved. And that's the saddest thing in the world, because she's so extraordinary, and there's no one in the goddamn universe that could be as much as her. But she doesn't realize that, and she blames herself every night for not being ordinary. She hates herself for being this unique human being."

~unknown