✿ °. * paradise on earth

ellie evans loved everything about summer. from staying up till the morning with her friends to getting blackout drunk, summer was her favorite season ever.

to ellie, summer felt like greeting a long lost friend after not seeing them for years. summer felt like a fresh breath of air after being suffocated and held down. she missed the way the trees danced in the warm breezes that flown by. most of all, ellie missed the myriads of color that painted the sky every morning and night.

she lived for sunrises and sunsets. last summer she would wake up every morning at 4am, running to the beach just to watch the symphony of colors surround her. every night, ellie and her friends would meet at her house and watch the sunset from her backyard. ellie lived for nights like those; nights where she got to do her favorite thing with her favorite people.

so with all that being said, ellie planned on having the best summer. hopefully full of parties, polaroid photos, beach volleyball, parties, sunrises, sunsets, and maybe even some flings.

rolling down the windows of her white jeep, ellie adjusted the radio and sped out of her friend mae's driveway. mae was coming over her house to get ready for a party later in the day.

"guess who texted me this morning," mae wilson said. mae was ellie's best friend since the second grade. ever since the day they the two girls met, they've been inseparable. because of mae, ellie got to be able to experience what it's like to have a best friend. everything they do, they do it together.

"was it that pogue you got with last year?" ellie asked, turning down the radio.

"no, but i'm still waiting for a call back from him," mae said, taking a glance out the window. "but it was kiara that texted me, remember her?"

"how could i forget the girl and her group of pogues that despise you," ellie said, as mae faked a laugh.

"hilarious, ellie. anyways, she wanted to know if you were coming to the boneyard tonight." mae watched as ellie's eyebrow's scrunched in confusion.

to say kiara didn't like ellie or her friends was an understatement. ellie had no problem with her, but mae and her other friend, sarah, had some history. ellie never asked, not wanting to get involved. ellie didn't know why kiara didn't like her, but she wasn't exactly yearning to find out.

"well, what'd you tell her?" ellie asked pulling into her driveway.

"well, i told her you were going." mae didn't see the look of dreadfulness on her face, till ellie let out a loud groan. parking her car, ellie leaned her head on the steeling wheel. "i can tell her you got sick. tell her you got polio or some shit like that if you really want. if worked on our teachers."

lifting her head up, ellie replied, "i don't feel like dealing with her and her boy band." she referred to the three boys she was always with. ellie didn't necessarily have a problem with them either, but they weren't the biggest fans of a kook.

as the girls got out of the jeep, they watched as the front door to ellie's house open. they were greeted with a young teenage boy, around the age of 14 running with blond hair frolicking all around. the kids name was logan, and he unfortunately was ellie's brother.

running towards ellie and mae, ellie tried to greet him, "hey logan-"

"move," he said shoving her to the side. he ran right in between the two, making sure to give his sister another quick push. turns out, his friends were behind them and while the boisterous boys did random handshakes and started making jokes, ellie and mae started walking inside.

"absolute douche bag," ellie said just loud enough for her annoying brother to hear her.

"i heard that you little shit," logan replied back just loud enough for ellie and their mother to hear.

"logan matthew evans, watch your language right now!" ellie's mother shouted and even though her voice boomed and echoed throughout the whole house, logan was too far outside to hear it.

the two greeted her mother and ran upstairs, giggling about random things girls would. the little moments ellie cherished, like this one. she wanted to take it and bottle it up forever. although from the events that would occur later that night, she was sure she would never be able to forget the day.