Prologue

"Are you guys certain about this?" a blonde teen adorned in a thick red cloak inquired. The back of the garment was covered with a large pentagon with the head of the Baphomet in the centre. This was their attire for tonight's ritual. They were all instructed by their leader to be bare except for the cloak.

"Yes, we are certain. Are you not a true witch new one?" the leader of the group responded.

He crouched down and began drawing an image of the Baphomet with animal blood in the centre of the pentagon. The surrounding woods would have been pitch black if not for the blood moon lighting the night sky. Tonight, was the perfect night to summon Lucifer, their lord.

"Annabelle, this has gone too far. This is crazy; we aren't actual witches," Mary whispered to her friend who stood beside her. "We just came here trying to mingle with the cool kids and look where it got us. In the woods, on a full-blood moon summoning the very monster we Puritans fear. If anyone catches us, you know we will be killed."

She was trying to talk sense into her best friend so they could leave. This was the last place Mary wanted to be, but she did not just want to abandon Annabelle. She was the only friend she had. Anna was always there for her when no one else was.

It was bad enough that earlier in the night Peter had killed one of old Miss Griffitts's cats for its blood. Miss Griffitts will be devastated when she discovers her cat's dead body on her porch tomorrow.

"Shut up Mary!" Annabelle hissed under her breath at Mary. "After this, we'll be one of them," she beamed while her eyes gleamed.

"Take your positions!" their leader ordered. All twelve members stepped up to the ends of the pentagon. "Knives!" came his next command. Each person brought the knife to their wrists and began slicing slowly. Three sets of sixes were to be done. "With blood, we call, with blood we summon. With blood, we call, with blood we summon. Visualize our lord in your minds." All members did as they were ordered except for Mary. Instead of picturing the image their leader had given them earlier claiming it was Lucifer, she closed her eyes and begged for someone to come and stop them or save her and Annabelle. She did not want to be a part of this anymore.

"Call our king, call our master," the leader went on.

"Lucifer, Lucifer, Lucifer..." Gradually the voices of the members chanting filled the once quiet woods.

《●¤●¤◇●¤●¤》

"Tabitha is to be your future wife regardless of the things you say about her or the attempts you make to hurt her feelings, Zaidyn." His mother, Elizabeth, slammed his room door shut as she walked in behind him.

Turning around he looked at her. She was glaring at him; it was a face-off in the centre of his room. The headmaster of the school had contacted his mother earlier because of the argument he had with Tabitha. He doubted there was anyone in the school who had not heard the things he had called her.

"Tabitha is nothing more than a whoring witch that sleeps with anything that has a cock. It makes no difference to her whether she walks or crawls. She is not my mate, and I will not marry her!" he snarled, his eyes flashing between their normal blue and crimson.

Why could she not get that he was willing to wait for his mate just like his father? The only couple in Hell to ever get married were his parents. Furthermore, everyone waited for their mate. People of Hell had casual sex, but they never settled with anyone or had children with anyone other than their mate. So, he could not understand why his mother was pressuring him to marry and mate Tabitha when she was not his mate. He was so frustrated and angry with her for this. Why was she not understanding what he was saying to her?