Twisted encounters

See my YouTube edit in the chapter art.

As Will Graham stepped into the office, his atrocious aftershave reached Hannibal's nose, and Hannibal's body relaxed.

Seeing Will, alive, and the concern he held, he came to a painful realisation. 

He did not want to live in a world where Will Graham was not alive.

Why?

Because he was in love with him.

In an instant, it all came together.

Hannibal Lecter was in love with Will Graham.

Hannibal thought that he had been in love before, but the feelings he had for Will were more intense and deeper than he had with Muraski.

Compared to what he felt, this was a million times more.

And today, when he experienced the loss of Will, he felt anger, regret, and remorse. Now that he had Will back, he would like to keep it that way and make his feelings known, and never let him go, his possessive side's leash  hanging by a thread.

As Hannibal played his part to the officers, giving his statement, Will stood by, with his empathy mood on, speculating.

Hannibal felt a chill, as Will returned to his senses, and pinned him with an intense stare.

As the officers and the paramedics left, Will nodded to Jack and walked towards Will.

"Are you sure you are okay?"

"Yes, Will, thank you, the paramedics have taken care of my leg, the pain is there but nothing unbearable." Hannibal gives Will a soft smile, which Will returns and nods.

"So, you uhm, you're in no state to drive, and that's an order, Dr. Lecter."

"Noted, Agent Graham." Hannibal teased back. 

Will blushed and looked away, and supported Hannibal from his left side as he walked with a noticeable limp.

"I admit, I never thought that being a psychiatrist would result in my being in danger with a serial killer, but I must confess then, no occupation is safe then."

"Yeah, what are the odds, but I feel that all this is somehow my fault-"

Hannibal stopped him mid-sentence with a hand on his shoulder.

"Will, none of that now, as I earlier said, I am exactly where I am and where I wish to be, you would know if I wasn't."

Will nodded and they walked together to Hannibal's car in silence.

Will had pickpocketed Hannibal's keys, as Hannibal tried to search for them and Will jiggled them in his hand, with a smirk.

"Tedious boy."

"Well, Hannibal, I'm a Southerner, got a lot of tricks up my sleeve."

They got in the car and drove to Hannibal's house.

On the way, they stopped for Hannibal's groceries and pain medicines.

As Hannibal settled in his study, Will quickly started on the supper, making the soup and some spaghetti.

Will brought Hannibal some water.

Hannibal had settled on the couch, his jacket off and waistcoat unbuttoned.

"Will, you needn't stay, I'm sure you have important-"

"Oh, for once, Hannibal, shut up and let it happen. The killer is dead, you have given your statements and I've called up my usual dog sitter for tonight, so now my top priority is your well-being, so better be ready."