22. Promises and accidents

Chapter twenty two:
"promises and accidents"

[tris prior]

"babe!" I heard Tobias calling out my name around the house. The sound of the door opening and closing back again was heard and I smiled. He had just gotten back from Cole's house.

I turned off the Tv and looked at my sleeping sons one last time before closing the door and running down the stairs.

"Baby!" I exclaimed startling tobias. I jumped up and he quickly dropped his things, catching me in the air, laughing as he spun me.

"Hi sunshine" he told as he brushed a strand of my hair out of my face. He kissed my lips and gave me a big smile.

"I missed you" I said burying my face in his neck as he hugged me tightly.

"mm I missed you, and the boys. How are they?" he asked me as I wrapped my legs around his waist and put my hands around his neck.

Tobias had gone to Cole's house early in the morning to help fix Justin's room since they wanted to change the theme and tobias had offered to help, obviously.

I hadn't even gotten a chance to talk to him since he only kissed me and the boys goodbye before heading out.

"They're both good, taking their nap" I told him as he gently settled me down but kept his hand in my waist. I then glanced at my watch, "they should be awake soon"

"Well I was thinking..." tobias said grinning at me, trailing off.

"what?" I asked putting my hands in his cheeks and gently tapping them with my fingers.

"maybe we could go ice skating, it's freezing cold outside and I heard that Cole and Xavier are going to be there too" he said.

The boys had been asking me nonstop today if we could go out to do something when tobias go home and I guess going ice skating was a good idea. So I nodded my head and grabbed his hand, leading him towards the kitchen.

"Want some lunch?" I asked him and he grinned.

"Yes please" he murmured sitting in a stool as I went to open the stove. I grinned when I saw his eyes widening as I took the lasagna out, one of his favorite plates.

I quickly got him a big piece and poured iced tea for him.

"Thank you baby" he said kissing my temple and then digging in. I chuckled and sat on the counter next to him, caressing his hair as he ate.

"Mommy!" I heard both of my sons yelling from upstairs. I sighed chuckling, before jumping out of the counter.

"I'm gonna go and get them ready while you eat" I told him kissing his head. He smiled, his mouth full of lasagna.

"Okay" he said showing all his chewed food making me scrunch my nose up in disgust.

"Disgusting tobias" I said as I began walking away. I heard his loud laughter behind me, making me grin widely.

I entered my room to see the boys sitting up and rubbing their eyes, their hairs flying everywhere. Their eyes lit up when the saw me, warming my heart.

I brought them to me and they cuddled into my chest, sighing happily. I kissed their cheeks and carefully fixed their hair.

"mommy is daddy home?" Louis asked and just as those words left his mouth, the bedroom door opened.

"I'm right here bud" tobias said chuckling as the boys jumped up and threw themselves in his strong arms. Tobias hugged them and kissed their heads.