Part 38

Charles and I arrive at the paddock and he rushes to a team meeting while I stand at the entrance with everyone's passes. We are very late, I watch Charles running through the paddock until I can't see him anymore.

I see Lorenzo first, leading the group to the entrance of the paddock. When he sees me he points and I see everyone look up at the same time. I wave at them, shielding my eyes from the sun.

They all stand in front of me as I start handing out their passes, once everyone has their passes I scan mine and go through, waiting on the other side for everyone to get in.

When people see Arthur they immediately start yelling our names.

I turn to Lorenzo. "Take them up to the Ferrari paddock club. I'll meet you all there now."

He nods, and then turns to the group, telling them to follow him.

I link arms with Arthur and we go over to the crowd calling our names.

Arthur signs merchandise, and I speak to some of the fans, people asking where Charles is. I take some merch from some people and give it to Arthur to sign. People are snapping pictures on their phones.

One guy grabs my arm and pulls me closer to him.

"Hey, whoa," I say, stumbling and quickly finding my footing.

He pulls me closer, his grip tight on my arm.

"Hey, I can take a picture with you, but you need to let go of my arm," I say gently, placing my other hand on his and trying to get him to loosen his grip.

He isn't listening, and he keeps pulling me closer, his phone held up as he snaps pictures.

"Please, let go of me," I say, a little firmer this time.

I look around for security, but they're all around Arthur.

"Artie!" I call out.

He doesn't hear me and this guy has now managed to break the barrier and pulled me behind it.

"Sir! Let go of me!" I half yell, slapping at his hand, panic starting to kick in.

I'm pulling at my arm to get him to let go.

"Hey man! She said let go of her!" I hear a voice behind me.

I throw a quick glance over my shoulder as I feel someone grabbing my arm, their other hand on my hip closest to this guy. It's Max, Kelly is standing behind him, a horrified look on her face.

Suddenly the guy is more interested in Max, and he lets go of me, pushing me out of his way to get to Max. Max pushes him backward with one arm on his shoulder, holding him at arm's length, then he wraps his free arm around my waist and swiftly picks me up, and moves both of us out of the crowd.

Kelly grabs me, pulling me to her as Arthur comes over.

"What was that!?" he asks, looking back at the crowd.

"That guy wouldn't let go of me." I breathe, trying to take a deep breath.

Kelly grabs my face, looking into my eyes. "Breathe Oph, deep breaths." she takes deep breaths with me.

"Oph, I'm sorry, I didn't see." Arthur rushes, his hands fluttering over my arms like he's trying to see if I got hurt.

Max pulls me into a hug when Kelly lets go of my face. "Are you ok? Did he hurt you? Did he-" he stops and quickly glances down at my stomach.

I shake my head. "No. He just wouldn't let go of me."

Max shakes his head. "Let's get you to the garage. I'm sure Charles is wondering where you are."