Ugly History

Y/N POV: 

At the Ghostbusters HQ, music is playing to the slime. Ray is on the phone with wires connected to his head, "What? Are you serious? Well, that's great! - I mean, that's terrible, but it's great for what we were... - Yeah, I will. Sure, we'll get right on it." He hangs up the phone, takes the wires off, and faces me, Y/F/N, and Egon. "Spengler! Major slime-related psychokinetic event."

Egon glanced up from the computer and the three of us turn to Ray, "What happened?" He questioned. Ray sprinted up to us in excitement, "Something came out of Dana's bathtub, and tried to grab her and the baby."

"Are they all right?" I asked. Y/F/N looked worried.

"Yeah, well, she got out of there and went over to Venkman's," Ray answered.

"Most interesting, Ray. Remember that painting Venkman mentioned? Well, I ran the name 'Vigo the Carpathian' through the Occult Reference-Net. Look what came up." Egon faces the computer again and they read the computer screen.

"Ooh... Nice ugly history. Think there's a connection between this Vigo character and the-" We face the jar of slime as it bubbles, "- slime?" Ray glances at Egon. I stared at the slime, then back at the boys.

"Is the atomic weight of cobalt 58.9?" Egon sarcastically remarks. Y/F/N turns to the screen and back at Ray, "I think I will stay here. Help Janine out with some calls." The two Ghostbusters nod and turn to each other, "We'd better get over to Dana's apartment. I'd like to check out the bathtub." Ray grabs the PKE Meter and his coat.

"It might be a good idea to go to the museum in the morning and get a look at that painting," I suggested before Egon could say anything. Spengler grabs his coat, "Are you joining us? Or staying here?"

I glance at Y/F/N and shook my head, "I will stay here. But tomorrow I will go."

"Okay. We'll be right back." Ray spoke, and they took off to Dana's apartment.

The next morning at the Manhattan Museum of Art, Peter waits by the doors as the Ecto-1A drives up, holding a camera. Winston hops out of the front with Ray and Egon, and I jump out from the back. Peter approaches us, "You find anything at Dana's?"

"Nah, nothing but some mood slime residue around the bathtub. But I did get something on that Vigo character you mentioned. Found it in Leon Zundiger's 'Magicians, Martyrs and Madmen'. Dig that." Ray answers, handing Peter the papers about Vigo.

"Vigo the Carpathian. Born 1505, died 1610." Egon informs. Peter snaps his head back up, and his eyes widened in shock, "A hundred and five years old. He hung in there, didn't he?" I stepped next to Ray, "And he didn't die of old age, either. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, drawn, and quartered." I spoke. Geez... I'm taking everyone's lines from the movie.

"Ouch." Peter winces.

Winston crosses his arms, "I guess he wasn't too popular at the end."

"No, not exactly a man of the people. Also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy." Spengler added. Peter tries to lighten the mood, "Wasn't he also Vigo the Butch?" I sighed in annoyance. Spengler grabbed my hand and began walking up the steps to the museum as Ray tells Peter more about Vigo.

"And dig this! There was a prophecy, just before his head died. His last words were: 'Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back!'" Ray glances up to see us waiting for them, "Oh, let's go."

We enter the Restoration room and stand by the door, "All right, suck in your guts, guys. We're the Ghostbusters." Peter announces. I spot Janosz dashing up at us, waving his arms around angrily, "Go! Go, please, go, you, Dr. Venkman!"

Ray leans towards Peter, "Who's this wiggler?" Peter kept his eyes on Janosz, "He's yours, Ray. Sic him!" Egon pulls out the PKE meter and walks around the room. I stood near Winston as Janosz stopped before Peter.

Ray holds his hand out to Janosz, "Hi, Ray Stantz from the Ghostbusters. How are you? We're just doing a routine spook check." Peter gives Janosz his coat, "Here, Johnny, hold this." Janosz glances between Ray and Peter as he holds the coat, "Dr. Venkman! Dana is not here!"

"Yeah, we know that, Johnny."

"So why are you came?" Janosz grumbles before noticing me by the door with Winston. Peter gets Janosz's attention, "We got a report there was a major creep in the area, we checked our list, and you were right on the top. Johnny, where in the hell are you from, anyway?"

"The Upper West Side..."

Egon returns to my side and calls out to Peter, "The whole room's extremely hot, Peter."

Winston gazes around the room and sees Vigo, "Whoa. That's one ugly dude." He mentions walking up to the painting. Peter starts taking pictures, "Oh, that's Vigo! Mr. Vigo! Vigs! Could you look this way, please!" He snaps the pictures, and Janosz gets between the painting and Peter.

"No! No, please, no. No! No, Dr. Venkman!" He stands in front of the painting, "No photographs, please! Slides are available in the gift shop." Winston pushes him away, making him yelp, "Aggh!" Ray climbs up the ladder and starts scanning the painting.

"Yeah, thanks. Thank you, Winston." Peter takes the camera to Vigo and continues taking pictures, "All right, you know what, give me angry, will you, will you give me anger. You've had a bad day; you're cranky. Good. Ooh, angrier. Angrier. I'm scared; you're scaring me; stop it." Everyone in the room turns to Peter in confusion, "Good... good. Okay, walk for me, talk for me. Yeah. Okay, give me hot and sexy. Can you do it? You can. Oh, boy. Show me some teeth. Come on. Do the girls like you? Huh? The girls? Do the guys? I bet they both do. How about the animals? They like you?" 

I frowned at Peter and glanced at Ray to see he looked at Vigo's eyes

I frowned at Peter and glanced at Ray to see he looked at Vigo's eyes. The eyes turn red, then blue again. Ray stares in disbelief, and his arm grows limp. I knew what was coming next. "All right. More. That's right; you're big. You're big. Yeah. Yeah. All right, destroy me! Destroy me! Yeah! Destroy me! Destroy me! Yeah! Yeah!" Peter continues to ramble loudly.

Egon saw the attention Peter was drawing, "Venkman? We need to talk."

Peter quickly glimpsed at Egon, then to Vigo, "I've worked with better, but not many. Thank you." He turns to Janosz, taking his coat, "Thanks, Johnny."

Winston walks up to Ray and taps his back, "Hey, hey? You finished?"

Ray snaps out of his trance and starts climbing down the ladder, "Yeah, I'm finished here."

"Are you all right?"

"What?"

Winston walks beside Ray, "I mean, you're not coming down with something?"

"Me?" Ray points to himself. I stood next to Egon and Peter, waiting for Winston and Ray. I could still feel someone staring at me, but no one is looking in my direction.

I turned away, not noticing Laura Parr watching me closely.