~ A Promise

___

It's on the same day of Neil's death in the show. Don't worry, we are gonna end it differently :)

___

"Should I talk now? Or maybe later?" Aarohi asked herself while marching back and forth tensedly on the terrace. It was the striking season of spring in Udaipur. The pretty blossoms were just peeping out while the new leaves and chirpy birds accompanied them. The sky was blue with few scattering clouds and the weather was hot as usual.

"What if it goes wrong? And he gets angry again?" Aarohi thought sitting on the canopy swing. The reason for her confusion and tension was valid. From past 2-3 days, there was a storm in the Birla House. Aarohi's fake pregnancy was revealed in front of Neil. He as expected, was heartbroken and enraged. He screamed at Aarohi for her deceit and wickedness. He was just so hurt by her that he told her to get out of his sight and never try to talk to him again. Aarohi on the other side was devastated by his reaction. She knew this was coming but somehow she had ignored these consequences earlier. Now, she was guilt-ridden and cursed herself for playing with her husband's emotions. She was very wrong this time but now nothing was in her hands. Alas, her ploy had come to an end so did her bond with Neil, like he said.

Though Aarohi had always loved Neil, her other intentions grew superior this time due to which she decided to throw this game for personal benefit. Moreover, during the course of this drama, she was well perceived of Neil's love for her and the extent he would go for its sake. Knowingly or unknowingly, she had fallen more for him due to this. She felt she had misused his love and had broke his heart for no fault of his. Amidst all the chaos her selfishness had caused, she now couldn't confess her true feelings in front of him. Ashamed of herself, she hid her face in her palms and cried, "Even if I had succeeded with my games.. without him, all of that would mean nothing.. How the heck did I not realise that he stands higher than anything else! What have I done? I really don't deserve him.."

Despite this, the previous day Akshara and Abhimanyu had informed Neil about Aarohi's true pregnancy as he would obviously not believe Aarohi if she said it herself. She was for real pregnant this time. He was overwhelmed by the good news but was equally startled upon this twist. After a lot of confusion and distress, he had decided to stay with his wife and give her a second chance for the sake of their child and its future.

"If he gets angry.. let him be.. I have done him wrong.. he can scold me, shout at me, or even raise his hand against me.. he is my husband.. he has the right.." Aarohi muttered and stood up wiping her tears, "I will go talk to him. I'm at fault and I should be punished but at least he should talk to me.. I can't handle his silence any longer.."

___

Neil was arranging his files and getting ready for work when Aarohi slowly entered their room. She stood silently fidgeting her fingers in nervousness while he was too busy to notice her.

Finally she voiced, "Neil, are you going to hospital? I thought you would come with me and maa to temple.." she suddenly stopped when he turned towards her.

"Sorry.. it's okay.. nothing you carry on.." she blabbered and headed to step out when he stopped her.

"Aarohi why are you thinking so much to talk to me? Whatever you want to say, you can tell me rightfully," Neil said, "Look, if we keep thinking about what has happened in-between us, we will get stuck. But, we have to move on in our lives, for our baby's sake. And for that, we should stay together. We both have felt lonely in our families, but we can't let our baby too to feel the same."

Aarohi looked at him with slightly teary eyes when he said, "I'm sorry I can't come with you to the temple. I have to go to the hospital for some urgent work," and resumed packing his bag.