¢нαρтєя иιиє

Kenna ushered the frightened junior student from her room, murmuring comforting words until they reached the stairs, where the girl was able to run down without issue.
She felt the vibration of her phone ringing and she picked up without even glancing at the caller ID; she knew who it was.
"Kenna, listen carefully," Michael's voice spoke into the phone. "KITT's managed to disarm every bomb in the building except for the one on your floor, the fourth. You've got three minutes before it goes off, you grab whatever you need and you get out here, okay?"

Kenna sighed. "Okay! Okay, I got it!" She said, hanging up before he or KITT could say anything else.
She ran for the fourth floor, quickly checking the rooms. No one had considered locking their doors when they left, and she was able to check every room. However, her own was still locked, and she fumbled to unlock it and burst inside the room.

The first thing she saw was the empty room. She began to gather her belongings; laptop, important things she kept there, and her course work binder.
That's when the sound of fearful sobbing came to her, and she froze mid-stride towards the door. The sound was muffled, and was coming from the bathroom.
Kenna put down her bag, carefully going over to the bathroom and opening the door, shielding her eyes slightly.

She spotted Faith, huddled in a ball in the corner of the room in front of the tub, her eyes wide and red, and her face stained with tears. She looked up, looking even more alarmed when Kenna entered.
"What are you doing?!" Kenna demanded urgently. "Come in, this floor is gonna blow in two minutes let's go!"

But Faith shook her head, seemingly frozen in shock and fear. Kenna glanced at the door, then back at her roommate with an exasperated sigh.
"Ugh, come on!" She insisted, quickly moving forward and grabbing Faith's wrist. She tugged her to her feet, not letting go as she helped Faith gather her stuff. Her roommate was slow and wobbly, and looked about to pass out by the time her stuff was gathered and she was ready to leave.
"Come on, run!" Kenna urged, shoving Faith out the door. Her roommate didn't move at first, swaying in place, her face pale.

Kenna cursed, shoving Faith so hard she had no choice but to move.
"Go! Go!" Kenna screamed, relieved that Faith finally started running. She ensured that she kept going, running slower behind her. She glanced back to make sure no one was left behind in the hall, before turning to follow her roommate down the stairs.

But she didn't get very far, because a deafening, sonic boom filled her ears, the sound sending a horrible jolt of pain through her head. A shockwave shoved her hard to the ground, and Kenna only remembered seeing the bars of the stair-case handles getting closer, before everything stopped, and turned to blackness.

⛦⛦⛦

They watched the monitor as it displayed the explosion of the bomb, and KITT desperately scanned the students escaping the building. None of them were Kenna, and he started to feel a kind of cold horror he didn't know he could experience.
Michael suddenly jumped out of the car, calling out to a red-haired girl whom KITT recognized as Kenna's roommate, Faith. She was clearly crying, and she looked pale and ready to pass out. She looked over at Michael's call, running over and nearly collapsing. Michael steadied her, positioning her to lean against KITT's hood. Normally he would've hated it, but now wasn't a time to hold grudges.

"Where's Kenna? Faith, where is she?"
Faith looked up at him in terror, her words high-pitched and panicked.
"She was upstairs with me... I thinks she... She was still on the floor when... When it went off-I-I don't know!" She explained, and her words only increased the cold horror that swept through KITT's circuits.