7. surprise!

3rd POV: reader focus (my writing style has changed + intentional lowercase)

"ugh."

a groan followed by silence.

"ughhh..."

a louder and longer groan echos within the room.

"hey nanami... do something funny." (name) slides down the couch out of boredom.

no reply.

"how about this? let's talk about the separation of church and state while throwing rice balls at each other?" (name) suggests, waving their arms in the air for no reason.

"do that by yourself." he declines with a grunt, more interested in the news.

"fine.  how about the yama... -note line game with places i love?"

"why the pause?" nanami questions as he glances over his paper.

"hm? what about it?" (name) sends him a thin smile.

"whatever. keep it up. itadori really needs the idiocy right now."

he leaves the strange behaviour alone as (name) mood to drop from their slip up.

"well... when i said "heavy", i didn't mean a special grade." they mumble, "does yuuji know about the finger?"

"no. he feels needless responsibility."

(name) hums, "and that finger?"

"retrieved it. you would have fed it to itadori."

the white head scoffs.

speak of the devil, "sensei!", he shows up.

the adults turn to look at the newcomer.

"let's hurry to where everyone is!" itadori waves at (name), "oh, nanami's here too!" he beams.

"yuuji, don't tell me you're planning to just rock up normally." (name) asks.

"eh?! can't I?!" itadori is taken back by his teacher's statement.

"even for an exorcist, seeing you dead friend alive after two months is weird." (name) shrugs, "you gotta make it a surprise." a mischievous grin appears on their face.

"surprise...?" the innocent student tilts his head.

"just leave it to me! i bet the first years would cry laughing and second years plus the people from kyoto would cry too! someone might vomit and global warming will be solved."

itadori face explodes with a bright light of happiness before bombarding the elder with questions, "what do i do?! sensei, what do i do?!"

"you don't have to do anything! just listen up!" (name) tries to shush the overexcited child.

"so what do i have to do?!" itadori questions once more.

(name) brings in close to tell him the plan.

agreeing to the idea, they both walk to a storage room to pull out a trolley and box.

putting the box on the trolley, they now to need check if itadori could fit inside it.

"get in." (name) puts on a jokingly, menacing voice and points to the opened box.

"yes sir!" he jokes along.

...

"beep! beep! sorry for the wait!" (name) barges in with a trolley in hand. pulling to a stop, they greet everyone, "hey, seems like everyones here. i was on a business trip, you see." they smile nervously before clearing their throat.