(Ephemeral Reaction)

!! Spoilers for Ephemeral ahead !!

If you don't want to read any spoilers stop reading now!

You've been warned!

Okay. Warning: a very severe and ugly rant coming up. My apologies in advance. These are just my personal opinions and feelings on this episode, but each person is entitled to their emotions so if you enjoyed it I mean no disrespect whatsoever, this is just how I felt about it.

So, after months of putting it off, I finally watched Ephemeral (Season 4, Episode 19) and can I just say... *deep inhale*

WHAT THE ACTUAL FRICK WAS THAT?

1. Chat Noir is basically just cut out, shown by how Ladybug just recruits a bunch of other superheroes and was able to defeat money bank dude without his help

2. After all that, Ladybug just ASKS Chat Noir for his identity, and he just tells her and doesn't question the possibility that she might be a trick of Shadow Moth or something like that (like bro he might be bit thick sometomes but surely he would have been a bit skeptical of the fact that she asks his identity out of nowhere). And then she just LEAVES IT and let's the time run out because it turns out her 'useless' and 'annoying' partner is actually the 'love of her life' who she creepily stalks. Like bruh Viperion should have just ignored her and turned back the time and then tell her "oh I know Chat Noir's identity now" (even though he already knew it lol) and she would have been none the wiser. Or else she could have just told Chat Noir to tell Su-Han and I'm sure he would've.

3. That whole scene where Marinette keeps switching between Adrien and Chat Noir... what even was that?

4. I'm sorry but Ladrien is just gross.

5. After everything that has happened, Gabriel figures out Adrien's secret identity just from him saying "M'lady" whilst talking on the phone!? Like what's to say there wasn't a trend Chat Noir had inspired where guys call their girlfriends "M'lady" or something? Honestly just lazy writing for that reveal. Plus, why was Gabriel even walking up to Adrien's room in the first place considering he normally shows pretty much zero interest in his son?

6. Poor Adrien just wants to sleep and he gets dragged out of bed and has to find out that his Father is a freaking Super Villain whilst he's still just WAKING UP.

7. This scene (Gabriel & Adrien in front of Emilie) just hurt me. Like firstly, the whole big reveal of Gabriel being Shadow Moth and blah blah blah. I don't blame Adrien having negative emotions cause well who wouldn't upon discovering that their father is the mega evil supervillain you've been fighting the whole time?
But what annoys me the most is how quickly Adrien gives in and how "weak" this makes him seem. Like, I'm sorry? Alya, Chloe, and Felix were all able to reject Shadow Moth's akuma but you're telling me that Adrien Agreste, freaking CHAT NOIR who is most amazing, bravest, kindness superhero ever (give me a show about just Chat Noir and I'll gladly watch that, Ladybug can go and eat aphids) isn't able to hold off Shadow Moth for even 10 seconds!? Like bruh the least they could've done was draw out this part and show him really fighting against it even though it deeply hurts his heart and soul to find out that his Father was behind everything. Or show him giving his ring to Plagg and telling him to run before the akuma consumes him or something like that.
Honestly smh right now, they really did Adrien and Chat Noir dirty like that.

8. Shadow Noir (or Cat Moth, whatever you want to call him) just looks dumb lmao

9. Why is this episode even called Ephemeral? Like I'm sorry, by my count there was maybe, what, 2? minutes of akumatized Adrien screen time?

10. Again, Adrien/Chat are stronger than this. He would have at least hesitated or fought or something before helping his Father by doing whatever he did when he touched Ladybug's back

11. The end of the world. Again. Really? The problem isn't Ladybug and Chat Noir knowing each other's identities... it's Gabriel finding out Adrien's identity. But anyway's I guess they just can't be safe to reveal until Shadow Moth is defeated and yada yada yada.

12. Surprise, surprise. They go back in time and everything is reverted to before they know each others identity. Yet ANOTHER fake reveal. That's three times now. Oblivio, Cat Blanc, and now Ephemeral...

In case you can't tell from the above... I'm really disappointed by this episode. Honestly just been really disappointed with the direction the show has taken and this makes me sad because I used to really enjoy it. To tell the truth the only reason I even watch the show anymore is because of Chat Noir because he's my favourite character and I want to see him finally end up happy, even if he is fictional lol

Sorry about that, I swear I'm not normally this aggressive or rude about stuff, but I just REALLY had to rant about this episode 😅.

Also I just want to clarify that this is no means a reflection on the entire Miraculous Ladybug and Chat Noir TV series, as a whole I think it's amazing, love it and have been a huge fan for a few years now!