Chapter 23: Mudslinging: part 1

alright, so most of this chapter happens before and at the beginning of this episode. also, I found this song a little fitting. 

I felt Striga place me down into a chair inside Hector's workshop. Hector immediately got to work. "you probably should have come to me sooner, the leg is probably gonna take a little time to get used to." hector said as he walked over and began to measure my leg. 

I nodded as hector moved my leg around. "well, it's a pretty clean cut. consider yourself lucky." he muttered before getting up. "good news is I can make you a quick prototype, it won't be that strong, but it will at least allow you to walk." he said as he walked over to his chests and pulling out materials. "but the actual replacement would take a couple of days." he explained before began to put pieces together and hammer on them. 

I watched curiously, "um, why did you have a prototype?" I asked, curiously. but hector sighed. "well, considering how you seem to lack self-preservation, I figured I might have to put you back together a few times." hector said as he knocked on a cupboard nearby. the doors opened and to my surprise, there were a bunch of false hands and eyes were shown. "I had my night creatures make a bunch of spares," he said as he continued to work.

"here," he said, turning around and chucking something my way, making me catch it. 

(the one in middle)

(the one in middle)

Hector walked over and began to place this sort of plug on my stump then helped to plug the new leg onto my stump before making sure it was secure. "test it out" he said as he stepped back. Striga then helped me up, slowly allowing me to stand.

I slowly took a step, but I felt off. like it wasn't right. I could only feel the connection port and not the foot. unlike my prosthetic arm. I stumbled a bit, to which striga caught me. "easy pup, one step at a time," she said kindly. Slowly, I took a step but still stumbled.

Slowly, I put another foot forward. one, two, one, two, and slowly I moved across the room. "well, that oddly was easier than I thought it would be," I said, slowly moving. but hector chuckled, "you're crazy kid, honestly, I'm surprised you can even walk right now. from what I know, it takes weeks for people to walk with a prosthetic." hector said as he began to draw. "welp, I'll be done building in about 3 days. it's gonna be more hard cause I'll need to make a metal one instead of the bone hand you currently have." he said. I looked a little confused, "wait why?" I asked but hector shrugged, "well, when I made that hand of yours. it was still made from your bones. that's technically your hand. hence why it connected and felt somewhat normal to you, but your foot is entirely missing. meaning, I'm making it from scratch." he explained as he continued to work. "also, it'll take about a day to connect your leg and to test it." he said before going back to drawing.