𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

𝐿𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝐴𝑌 ! )
THE INTRODUCTION.

(  𝐿𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝐴𝑌 !  )THE INTRODUCTION

it all fell down. and all i gave you is gone. tumbled like it was stone. thought we built a dynasty that heaven couldn't shake. thought we built a dynasty like nothing ever made. thought we built a dynasty forever couldn't break up.
——— dynasty by miia
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

❛  she was a queen with neither crown nor kingdom, the most powerful piece of the board with no moves left to make, so she overturned the table

❛ she was a queen with neither crown nor kingdom, the most powerful piece of the board with no moves left to make, so she overturned the table.  ❜ 
———  anonymous

Life for Coriander Seren Black had been complicated from the beginning. The daughter of Alphard Black and Ellinor Greengrass, Coriander had lost both of her parents at a young age.

Alphard had died in the midst of the First Wizarding War, fighting a gang of Death Eaters in a recruitment gone wrong. Ellinor had grabbed their child and escaped in a reluctant fit of tears, unwilling to leave her husband but also acting off of her instinct to protect their little girl. Ellinor had sought solace in the safety of the Order of the Phoenix, after she and Alphard had spent years staying out of the dangerous middle of the war. Only to pass on from her broken heart and the family-inherited blood curse a few years later. 

After the death of her parents, Coriander is sent to live with her closest living relatives, the Greengrass family, and the unconditionally loving environment of her parents had vanished. She was, instead of her mother's lessons of love and acceptance, taught of the importance of blood purity and the scary stories of muggles, taught the importance of her father's house's motto Toujours Pur. Pureblood supremacy became the cornerstone of her formative years of education, and she was forced to be held at a high standard of perfection to ensure the continued legacy of her blood.

Until her first year of Hogwarts. Sorted into Hufflepuff, Coriander Greengrass became a disgrace to her relatives and the small social circle they existed in, unintentionally mocking the legacy of her ancestors as the first to be sorted not in Slytherin but in Hufflepuff. It got worse, as she continued on her year, making friends with Juniper Silvius, from a family of known blood traitors. Which all accumulated to the end of the school year as the Greengrass family takes her out of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and sends her to France to attend the prestigious Beauxbatons Academy of Sorcery.

Life continued on, after that, as the years passed and Coriander kept in contact with her former roommate and friend, until the end of their fourth year when Juno invited Cori to spend the summer with them. Cori is quick to accept, hiding her whereabouts from her Greengrass family as the excuse of staying at school for extra activities and opportunities for her future. It is in that summer, when the cogs of her life come together and things begin to change.

she might look like a fragile flower but her stem is made of steel.
———  anonymous

  ❜ ———  anonymous

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

( 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘 ! )

(  𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘 !  )

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Welcome to Light the Way!
Contrary to how this may come across, this is not a w|w romance. As much as I loved Rhaenicent (Rhaenyra x Alicent), they're just best friends in this story. I just love these two actresses so much in their portrayal so I'm using them as face claims. It just so happens that they also fit the characters I've built for this story so there's that, too.

Also, this is IMPORTANT!
Due to the confusion of where some of the magical schools are (and the confounding fact that there are so few considering how many countries there are, and jkr's blatant ignorance on international geography, I'm going to put out there that there are more schools out there in the world than the canon 11.

Furthermore, they will all be very different due to being in different countries. Some schools will serve only one country but some may serve multiple (due to size of populations in diff countries), and there may be multiple in one country if it is big enough (I'm looking at you USA, China, Russia, India, Etc.) the case with the USA is gonna be unique tho and I'll explain it in more detail throughout the story (and another one I am currently developing)

Inspiration!
I got inspiration from these wonderful videos! You should definitely check them and their channels on YouTube out!

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY
C O M I N G S O O N  !
CROSS PUBLISH ON AO3!!
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏