scary season- geralt

"This is absurd," Geralt grunted, clearly frustrated but somehow still managing to place the sword down on the table without too much fuss, for your sake, of course. "What is the point of this, lass?" he demanded in a huff and you couldn't fight the amused smile the little outbursts caused, much resembling the outbursts had over painting eggs for easter or picking flowers with you for spring.

"Oh, bear," you mused, gentle hands settling on his broad shoulders, leaving him all but melted to your touch already, instantly calming his frustration.

He was not truly that bothered having to spend time doing these silly activities, he was not a delicate man, was all, couldn't get his hands to do what his mind wanted to do, for you, of course.

"Gentle," you reminded him, slipping a hand down his leather vest, quick fingers stealing the dagger from his pocket. "Maybe try using this one instead," your suggestion made him grunt, oddly, it was a loving sound, one separate from the countless others he'd offered before.

"What will we do with the insides?" he quizzed, settling in your touch as you placed a kiss atop his head, peaking over the mess of white curls to see him succeeding slightly, a crooked smile much resembling his own carved into the squash- it was all he could find on the road, despite a pumpkin being your only request upon his return.

"I could make us some stew," a delighted hum, new passion in his movements at the mention of your cooking. "Something warm to aid us against the cold."

"Hopefully, this might scare it off."

"Maybe," you smiled, looking down at his creation, not missing the way he looked quite pleased with himself at the sight of it, all comedically terrifying in its glory, not at all as horrible as he thought it would be.