Reality

Hermione stormed into Astoria's house.

"How could you do this to me? How could you lie to me?" Hermione cried.

Ginny, Luna, Pansy, Astoria, and Daphne all shot up.

"What are you talking about?" Daphne asked.

"How could you know about the bet and not tell me? I thought we were friends!" Hermione yelled.

"We thought Theo would hurt you. We wanted to tell you, Hermione, we really did." Daphne cried, feeling guilty by how broken Hermione looked.

Hermione fell to her knees and fell apart. She buried her face in her hands and started to sob.

Ginny and Luna rushed to her, enveloping her in hugs of comfort.

"Come on, Hermione." Ginny said, helping Hermione up.

Ginny walked Hermione to the door, and left. 

Luna hugged Pansy. "We'll take care of her. I know why you guys did it. Hermione will come through, she'll understand. But right now, she's hurt." 

Astoria nodded, letting tears fall. 

"Is this why you and Theo really broke up?" Luna asked. 

Astoria nodded again, and buried her face into the couch, wanting to be left alone. 

"I'm going to go." Luna kissed Pansy, and left. 

Daphne sat down on the couch. "I can't believe this. Why the fuck would Theo do something like this? I feel awful."

Pansy sat down next to Daphne. "So do I."

"We need to meet up tomorrow with Hermione. We need to apologize and ask her what happened." Astoria sniffed, lifting her head up from the couch.

"But first, I'd like to talk to Theo." Daphne sneered, grabbing her phone and dialing his number.

"What's up, Daph!" Theo yelled on the other side of the line.

"What the actual fuck, Theo. Care to enlighten me on why you thought this was a good idea? Hermione just stormed in here, sobbing. What the fuck did you do?!"

The noise in the background silenced on Theo's end. "You're seriously mad about that?"

"Yes! We're beyond pissed. Not only did you ruin Hermione's relationship with Draco, but you ruined her and possibly our friendship with her!"

"Sorry." Theo said.

"Don't apologize if you don't mean it."

Theo sighed. "I do mean it. I don't know what I was thinking when I was doing it. Well, that's a lie. But I didn't think I was going to hurt Hermione that bad."

"Don't lie, Theo. Did you really think you were going to get out of this without hurting anyone?"

"I guess I did. I was drunk when I texted Draco. But the reason I did it was because I was jealous of Draco. He's able to get everything he ever wants, so I thought what if he falls for a girl he wants, but he can't have?"

"That's a twisted way of thinking." Daphne said.

"I know. I regret it. I see how Draco looks at her. It's full of love. I knew they were going to fall in love. Hermione's the type of person you kinda just fall in love with."

"Are you in love with her?" Daphne asked.

"No, I'm not in love with Hermione. I just wanted Draco to feel what I felt. Things don't come easy to me, but everything comes easy to him. Everything he wants comes to him. I wanted him to have something he couldn't have. Or can't get back."

"Well, you've lost the one thing you did have. The one person who did love you. Astoria. She loved you and because you were hooked on this bet, you lost her." Daphne retorted.

"How can I make this right?" Theo whispered into the phone.

"Start by apologizing to the people you hurt. Then you gotta figure the rest out from there." Daphne hung up.

Daphne walked out and Astoria walked up to her. "What did he say?"

Daphne sat down and explained everything to Astoria and Pansy.

"So he decided to rip both Hermione's, Draco's and my heart out just because he was...jealous?"

"Yeah, it makes sense and then it doesn't." Daphne said.

"Math ain't mathing." Pansy said.

Astoria and Daphne looked at her. The girls burst out laughing despite the situation they were in.