car ride

A moment has to come and go eventually, but this car ride is a moment that neither of us want to leave. As I'm driving her home, I look over to see her hair whipping in front of her face and she looks just like a painting I've seen before.

"Kook", she says as she looks over to me.

"Hm?" I respond as I shift my gaze between her and the road.

"Do you ever think about your life outside of performing? I know, I know it's like your thing but I'm curious of what you think about outside of that?"

I feign thinking hard on it, like it could be a hard answer.

"I think of my family and how I miss them. I think of what my life would have been had I not joined the group that have become my second family. A lot of food possibilities in there as well," I chuckle as I go to look at her, "I also think about you, a lot, and what our life could be like outside of our houses and a car ride. How I'd take you on a real and proper date, show you off on the street and tell all of my friends about how lucky I am to be with such an amazing human."

As I finish off my thoughts, I pull into her driveway. I can't help myself from turning fully to see her. She looks at me with such adoration in her eyes and I can't help but wonder how lucky I am to be the one to see that.

"I'm truly okay with having our stolen moments together, I know how hard it would be on you if we were to go public and besides, it's kind of thrilling to have a secret only we know, isn't it?" She laughs as she goes to hold my face in her hands. "I love you, okay?"

"I love you more." And then I lean in to kiss her. She tastes like vanilla and I can smell her rose scented shampoo as I reach over to cradle her face in my hands.

Then, she has to go home. And once again, I'm alone in my car but I can still smell rose. And I smile.