Episode 27: The Chunnin Exams: Izumi vs. Dosu!

Izumi vs. Dosu

The Kages determined that Izumi and Dosu would fight next, letting Izumi to get hyped.

"Alright. We cannot fail now. Cmon." She whispered to herself.

Shikamaru saw her nervousness and patted her back. "You are going to be fine.  Just focus on your movements.  This man has a lot more range than Kankuro, so be careful."

She looked at him and nodded as she listened to his explanation. "Alright. "Thank you, Shikamaru." She then turned and jumped down from the balcony onto the field.

"Give him hell Iz!" Shikamaru called as she descended.

She smiled after landing before returning to an apathetic expression as she prepared for battle.

Dosu chuckled, "You seem different, as does the aura of your chakra. You clearly trained much harder. But hard enough to ring those tiny ears."

When the referee stepped back and proclaimed the match to begin, Izumi looked at him but said nothing.

"BEGIN!"

The two ran directly for one other, physically hitting and avoiding their attacks.

Dosu cracked his head from side to side and repeated the procedures he had employed previously.

Fortunately, Izumi was able to eradicate those trickery by employing her Water Style: Barrier Jutsu against the sound waves reverberating around the stadium.

Naruto and the others tightly covered their ears, not removing them until they stopped.

Izumi flashed behind him and attempted to grab his back, but she missed.

Dosu struck her down so quickly that she tumbled on the ground but bolted upright.

She struck him with a Rasenwater Bomb from beneath the ground, causing several water clones to surround him.

With every punch and kick she landed, Dosu outstretched his right arm to assault her with sound waves. Izumi's ears bled slightly since Dosu's upgraded technique was ten times faster.

As a result, the waves not only send distinct messages to the eardrums, but they also disrupt regular vision.

Dosu delivered a powerful blow to her abdomen, sending her flying across the wall. He smirked maliciously, but noted that her figure was a type of substitute replacement with water drops.

The real Izumi appeared nearby and attempted to restore her senses. She was able to regain her hearing when the bleeding stopped utilizing her Water Regen talent.

However, it did not last very long. She took a step back to concentrate on her other senses because she couldn't see. She collapsed to her knees, choking as blood dripped over her hand when she stared at it.

Dosu chuckled and spoke. "I see, little girl. My technique is not one that is commonly used. This one is quite contagious. Most likely abnormal."

"What?! How could that be?" Naruto yelled, "Go, Izumi! You can do it! Kick his ass."

Shikamaru watched her suffering and, unlike his typical demeanor, chose to cheer her on. "C'mon, Iz. Find his weakness!"

Kankuro and Temari were also concerned for her.

"She'll make it," Kankuro stated.

"Yeah," Temari responded. "I hope so..."

Izumi nodded to Shikamaru, gathering her thoughts and devising a strategy to weaken Dosu's technique.