Chapter 7

Hiccup's eyes widened when he saw the scene unfolding before him.

Kristoff took notice and nudged Anna who slowly turned towards her sister, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Her expression changed from sad to confused to excitement. Her and Kristoff knew what was happening, but Hiccup was clueless.

"Oh my gosh." Anna muttered. Kristoff placed his hands on her shoulders in an attempt to hold her back from her sister and the Viking.

Hiccup stared at Elsa, his eyes still wide.

The frost that covered Elsa's small body was slowly starting to melt. The three, and now Toothless who was sniffing Elsa's hand, stared in awe.

Once the frost was gone, Anna leaned into Elsa and checked for a pulse.

A smile from across her lips and she looked up at Hiccup who still had Elsa placed gently in his lap.

"She's alive!" Anna said.

She turned to the crowd behind them.

"Long live the Queen!" She yelled.

"Long live the Queen!" The townsfolk shouted. They began cheering and jumping around, showing their excitement.

"But h-how?" Hiccup asked. "I-I don't understand."

Anna looked at Kristoff, who nodded his head towards Hiccup who wore a confused expression.

"Love will thaw." She said with a smile.

Hiccup looked at Elsa, then back at Anna.

"Love will thaw." He repeated.

He remembered when Elsa had told him that. That was how she managed to control her powers before Grimmel took over. Now that he was gone, Elsa would have her happy emotions back, she would be her again.

Thank the gods for love.

He let out a sigh of relief and hugged Elsa's now alive, but unconscious body.

"Thank the gods." He whispered, wiping the last tear from his cheek.

"We should take her inside." Anna said. "I remember where her room was, we can let her rest there until she wakes up."

Hiccup and Kristoff agreed.

Hiccup slowly stood up and carried Elsa in his arms, following Anna towards her room, Kristoff stayed behind to talk to the townsfolk.

Anna stopped in front of a door and reached for the knob, but stopped before turning it.

She turned towards Hiccup with an uneasy look across her face.

"Before we go in, I need to warn you." She said grimly.

"Warn me?" Hiccup asked. "About what?"

"Do you remember how I said Elsa was a little troubled because of her past?" She asked.

Hiccup nodded in response.

"Well, there are some things in here that might cause concern." She continued. "She liked to write poems about how she felt. She also liked to draw and create ice sculptures of her dreams and nightmares. You're a Viking, so you've probably seen the worst, but it terrifies me to look at them."

Hiccup gave her a confused look.

"I just thought I should warn you." She added. "Just in case you get worried."

Anna turned the knob and slowly opened the door.

Even though the rest of Arendelle was now it's old self, this room still looked like Grimmel was the king.