Chapter 1: Preparing for the end of Summer

It was a clear, sunny day in Konohagakure city; a beautiful young twelve-year-old girl with pale white skin and light blue allt pupil snake eyes, and long ice blue hair pulled back in a ponytail was walking downstairs.

She stopped downstairs as she arrived at a large red door and pushed it open. As she entered the room, she spotted a desk with papers on it, and next to it was a box with school supplies. She grabbed the small box and started walking towards the door.

As she was walking, she noticed that the box had a bit of dust on it and paused to brush it off. While she was doing, she heard the door open some more and knew that only one other person who lived with her had come into the room.

"What up, big brother Maru," She said, not looking away from the box as she swiped the dust off the cardboard box.

"Haah...Ahhh..."

She paused in her tracks as she heard an audible noise from the entrance and raised an eyebrow.

"Maru?" She questioned in confusion at the quiet sound he made."What's wrong?" She asked, turning around to her raven hair teenage brother, who had a strange expression as he twitched his nose slightly.

Her brother shook his head, signaling nothing wrong, and was about to say something until he closed his mouth again like he had changed his mind.

"Maru?" She said, even more confused.

"Hnn'gkk!! Hn'kcnnn!! Hn'KK!!! Heh'NKKTT!!" His head shot forward as he released four stifle sneezes into his shoulder.

"Ugh, Nagami, come eat lunch!" He said as he turned to look at his little sister through slight tears in his golden snake eyes.

He sniffles sharply and wipes his nose on his wrist, pausing to rub it vigorously."I have been trying to call you for a while now. I have work in here, and you taking all day is inter...rupting...." He trailed off mid-sentence."hnn'kntt!! Hnn'kTSCHHH!!! Heh'NKKTTT!!! Hnn'gkk!!" Without skipping a beat the second he trailed off mid-sentence, he shot his head forward as he stifled four more sneezes into his sleeve.

He quickly walked past her and towards the desk where a box of tissues was sitting. "Isd't gonna helb be do it ady faster! I wabt to get it dobe and get some sleep to get rid of this cold!" He said, annoyed and completely congested.

Nagami walked over to her brother by a few steps."My bad, I didn't realize you were calling me why I was drawing earlier. Also, bless you, Maru," She said and then glanced over at his desk where his papers were sitting."When was the last time you cleaned that desk? You haven't been in here for  bit since the beginning of of the summer."

He sniffed sharply and looked at her in annoyance."I haven't cleaned it for a while or this room. So, yes, it is covered in dust if that's what you are asking," He said, rolling his watery eyes."Now if you're d, one with questions, go eat lunch."

She simply shakes her head, sighing at her brother's cranky mood.

"You say you have a cold," She said, tilting her head to the side in thought."Did you feel sick before you started working in here and still sick cooking lunch?" She asked.

"No," He said with another sharp sniff, and again rubbing his nose vigorously with his wrist as he felt it itch still, but then paused rubbing as he could feel his nose quivering and nostrils flare up.

"Aaah...Haaahh.Ahhh.." His breath hitched three times in a roll. It was positive he was going to sneeze and couldn't try to stifle it. His wrist slipped away from rubbing his nose as he tilted his neck back slightly."Aaaaaahhh.." He titled it farther back as his nostrils flared up rapidly as each inhale tickled his nostrils more and more."AaaaaaaaaAAAAAAHH....!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH-CHOOOOO!" He shot his head and released a loud sneeze echoing off the room's walls, firing a blast of mucus out of his nostrils onto the corner of the desk, lucky away from the papers. The sneezes were powerful enough to shake the ground for a couple of seconds and blow the papers off the desk.

The moment he recovered, he opened his eyes and sniffed sharply. He then rubbed his nose with his wrist aggressively as he still felt a pesky itch."No, the morning rain earlier during my walk probably got me sick," He said as he reached for a tissue doom the box.

Nagami sighed and grabbed his first before he could grab one, pulling him away and towards the door after putting her box down.

"Hey, what are you doing," Orochimaru said, annoyed, as she sniffed sharply, sucky up the snot trying to oze out his nostrils."Can't you see I was trying to blow my nose?"

"First, bless you, Maru," Nagami said politely."Second, you're not sick, genius. Your allergies to dust are the problem clearly; you didn't take your medicine today. I will clean off the dust on your desk and shake it off the papers. You can continue to work on them later. Third, you need to shower and change clothes. If you don't, then you will never stop sneezing, Maru."

Orochimaru was about to respond when the itch in his nostrils decided to make itself known to him."Hh'ttchh!! Huh'chnn!! Hih'cchHOOoo!! Hnn'kTSCHH!! Heh'NKKTT!! H'TSCHUUU!!" He shot his head forward without skipping a beat as he released sneeze after sneeze into his shoulder, keeping from sneezing on his sister.

"Bless you. As I said, go shower," She said, pulling him out of the room before started to protest and shut the door, deciding to grab the box later.

"Thank you, and you're right. I should shower before I eat myself some lunch as well," Orochimaru said with another sniff, removing his wrist from his sister's hand to rub his itchy nose.

"You're welcome for each. Bless you, Maru," She said with a smile at him, rubbing his nose."Blow your nose and shower, and the itch will go away once the dust is clean off you," She chuckled.

"Not funny; it itches so bad that it is driving me crazy," He said as he continued to rub his nose."I was just trying to finish my extra credit reading assignment  done before summer was over and school started back up next week."

"You can finish that later or tomorrow. It is only Monday, and the final week of summer technically just started, and I wasn't laughing to be mean; Maru, it was you look adorable like that, bro laugh."

"Ugh, whatever," Orochimaru muttered, walking away, still rubbing his nose to help settle the itch before it got worse and to the point, he needed to sneeze."Im shower before another sneeze develops from this itch in my nostrils. So put my lunch in the microwave, which is Miso Ramen with extra eggs!" He announced, walking up stair, not once removing his wrist from his itchy nose.

"Sure thing Maru!" She called back as she walked towards the kitchen, shaking her head.

'He trying so hard to keep from sneezing. I could tell by how his eyes were starting to water again as he walked away. The itch he was trying to stop by rubbing was already beginning to  show signs of a sneeze coming.' She thought, looking back at the stairs and wondering how long he last rubbing his nose until he needed to sneeze again before getting in the shower.

Nagami entered the kitchen and grabbed her bowl of ramen before putting the other bowl in the microwave, so it didn't get too cold before Orochimaru was out of the shower. She then sat down at the table and started eating her lunch.