Chapter 2: Having Company over

Nagami was now heading upstairs after eating her lunch. Her older brother had made for the two of them. She was going to get cleaning supplies to wipe off the desk in her brother's study, where he does his high school work, instead of his bedroom since he found it quieter.

She reached the storage closet in the upstairs hallway, where the cleaning supplies were kept. She couldn't help but smile slightly at her brother's frustrated whine from his bedroom, which was right across from the supply closet.

"Ugh," Orochimaru groaned in annoyance as the water started running.

'He must be trying so hard to fight the itching sensation. He might as well just give in and let himself sneeze until his nose stops smelling the dust on his clothes.' She thought, shaking her head.

"Ah...Ah!" She heard her brother inhale from inside his room."AH-Chooooo!"

"Bless you, Maru," She called out loud enough for him to hear her. "You might as well let your sneezes out until the dust is washed off, or you spend forever trying to soothe the itch."

"Why don't you try telling me that after you know what it feels like to have an itch in your nostrils driving you crazy no matter how much you sneeze!" Orochimaru snapped.

"Hey, don't act like I never sneeze, maybe not allergies but a cold gave me an itchy nose," She replied back.

"Ugh, no...Ah...not...Ah...thhhh...Hah...the...Ah..." Orochimaru said, his breath started hitching as he talked."Saaaa...Hahhhh...same...Ahhhh...As...Ahhhhhh...this."

"Seriously, Maru, just give in and focus on washing off," She chuckled."I'm going to clean your desk off."

"N...Ahhhh...No...N...Hahhh...Not..gonnnnn...Ahhhh...sdeeze..."

"Yes, you are. I can tell that it will not stay held back much longer," She sighed."So accept it not before you make it worse, or do I need to have Tsunade come and punch it out of you?" She asked.

Nagami sighed in relief at the response from her older brother.

"Ahhhhhhhh.Hahhh...Ahhhhhhh...Fine..." He replied as his breath continued to hitch, and the next thing she heard was him taking a quite intense inhale."AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH...!"

The next moment she heard him release an explosive sneeze."AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-CHOOOOOOOOOOzoziOOOOOOO!"

The sneeze was so loud that she was positive that she had heard it echoing from the ventilation of the house and widened her eyes in surprise. She could even hear the sound of something falling in the bathroom.

"Wow. Bless you. That definitely should have settled the itch," She said, shaking off the surprise. She knew he was going to sneeze but didn't expect it to be so loud compared to one in his study that blew the papers off his desk.

"Ugh, thanks. I needed to let that out. As you said, that itch was getting too much for me to take," He groaned as Nagmai heard a sharp wet sniff coming from him.

"Welcome, Maru. I will let you know when the study is clean," She said, walking away from his room as she continued to hear him sniffing sharply, clearly needing to blow his nose after sneezing.

'He can be too much at times, but that's my brother for you; at least he is not sick because he is even more stubborn with his sneezing and taking medicine.' She thought, shaking her head as she headed back on downstairs.

~~~~

Nagami entered the study and cleaned up the scattered papers that had been blown off the desk earlier after her brother sneezed.

"At least he didn't get mucus on them," She commented, moving them to the side and standing up.

She then walked over to the desk and sprayed it with the cleaner as she used a washcloth to wipe off the desk and any germs that rushed during her brother's sneezing fit.

'Seriously, I wonder how many times. He must have sneezed before he went to make lunch. I saw him go in here after he returned from his walk, but I sure didn't even hear his fit until I came in here to get my supplies for school next week.' She thought, wiping the desk off.

She paused in her clean hearing a knock on the front door.

"Snakeling, can you get the door? I still need to change!" Orochimaru shouted from upstairs.

"Yeah, I got it, Maru!" She called back, grabbing the spray bottle and washcloth as she left the room.

Soon as she walked out, she cracked the door slightly to help air out the room that now smelled of cleaning products.

'I wonder who decided to come to visit us. It can't be Nawaki since he typically calls if he is coming. So it must be one of Maru's friends, well, if he considers them as that half of the type, I think he wants nothing to do with them.' She thought as she placed the spray bottle on the counter and the washcloth in a hamper in the laundry room.

"What can we do for you?" She asked, opening the door and seeing a familiar blonde-haired teenage female the same age as her brother."Tsunade, what are you doing here, and is Nawaki here as well?" She asked once she realized who it was.

"I came to see if Orochimaru wanted to join Jairya and me later tonight at the movies," Tsunade replied. "Also, no, he is hanging out at a friend's house."

"Oh, I see. Come in, Maru, upstairs, putting on some fresh clothes," She replied, letting Tsunade into the house.

"I'm sure Nawaki will come over tomorrow, or you can hang out with his other friend," Tsunade said, entering the house.

"No, not interested in his other friend," Nagami replied, walking over to the counter and grabbing the bottle.

"Not interested in who, friend?" Orochimaru asked, walking into the kitchen closet room to the door.

"I'm not interested in Nawaki's other friends," Nagami replied."Avoid the study until the cleaning product airs out. The smell will just cause more irritation to your already irritated nostrils, sure; they haven't recovered yet."

"What did you do to upset your nose?" Tsunade asked curiously.

"He was working in a dusty room, setting off his allergies, and who knows how long it was acting up. I didn't know he was sneezing until he came looking for me," Nagami replied, looking at her older brother and seeing his nose was a bit red from his fit."Your lunch is in the microwave. I will be in my room drawing and maybe watching tv."

"Alright, tomorrow, maybe we will go do something fun," Orochimaru said.

"Sounds good, Maru," She replied back as she walked away, leaving the two to chat.