Chapter 7: Factory

Art by @minvee_kon on Twitter

TW: Blood, mention of surgery

~~~~~~~

One, two...

"(Y/N), we have to talk!" The laboratory door slams opens with a loud noise making you jump on your sit and press on the pipette you were holding.

The mixture in front of you let out a pshhh, announcing your experiment has completely failed. Your eyes widen of disappointment due to your carelessness of your surroundings.

You toss the mixture aside and rest your head inside your crossed arms, crying interiorly since it has been the third time you are doing the experiment. The first time it has failed due to a lack of time and the second one because one of the clone passed by quickly and bumped into one of the tables, making the mixture fall.

You hear footsteps coming in your direction. You feel a hand resting on your shoulder and you look a bit up.

"Don't cry over an experiment, you just have to make it another time."

He takes a look at the mixture and grimaces a bit at the sight of the rather bad-looking result. He then removes his hand and sits on the edge of the counter.

"Anyways, tossing this aside, I am coming to tell you that we are going to Liyue." You raise a bit more your head at the mention of your homeland. "The factory under construction there is finally finished, so I need you to come with me there to inspects the surroundings."

Oh right. Dottore never stopped talking about a certain "ruin guard factory" during the two weeks that followed the monthly meeting. He said it could be a great place to investigate and do researches on ruin guards since they are from the nation of Kaenri'ah.

"And when are we going there?"

"We leave tomorrow. So you shall pack your things." He grins and turns on his heels to leave.

"Then could I perhaps make a little tour to my hometown since most of my stuff in my room are of no use and it would be better to puts them at my former guardian's place."

His head slightly turns so he can have a small look at you. He shrugs.

"As long as your boat flots." With that, he leaves the room.

You look back at the failed experiment before sighing.

'Time to get ready I suppose...'

~~~~~~

"I am glad you have not exploded the boat just like how you exploded the exam room a week ago."

"I am not a terrorist. I don't see any reasons to burn down the boat." You sigh of annoyance as you recall the event of last week.

This accident was simple. You were about to experiment on someone but one of the electric tools were not working. You tried to fix it but when you saw something was wrong, you ran out of the room and it exploded.

Common (Y/N) W.

The Harbinger looks out the window of the carriage after humming as a response. You eye him, and it seems quite a bit too long. You observed his features, though his facial's were covered by his bird-like mask.