iv. in the news

iv. in the news.

 in the news

       "THE BATTLE OF WILLOW CREEK," Mr. Tanner's voice droaned on, his lanky figure striding across the floor as he made his way around the front half of the classroom. As Mystic Falls High's history class, dozen of ornaments decorated the walls and shelves of the room, playing into the archival aesthetic. However, to anyone with a parent who's life work was not only dedicated to history and the world before, but sought out secrets unknown to man, more often than not their children would develop a knack for devising the fake cheapskates for the real object and have heard more lectures before they fully knew the alphabet.

       Maybe that had been why Bianca had performed so well in this class, having the highest scores to prove it. In all truth, however, the Amorettee teen had made it her mission long ago to excell at any history class she had ever taken, for the fear and embarrassment it would be to fail history when your father was a history major. She was sure, if she had been, Mr. Tanner would not let her live that factor down for the rest of the semester. But due to the fact that that wouldn't hold any staple and the teen even kept him on his toes, he had no choice but to grovel in silence over the matter.

      It was a common sight almost, for most of those in the class, to find a simple piece of enjoyment even with the ranging hostility practically bleeding from every pore of the elder gentleman. Mr. Tanner would dwell well past regulatory student-teacher relations as he made his way down the roster, twisted glee alighting in his eyes as he successfully watched the juniors' facade crack and crumble under his venomous invectives. However, his amusement would quickly shift into simmering jaded frustration when his eyes landed on Bianca, jaw clenched as whenever a series of questions would leave his mouth, the teen would respond correctly with clipped mannered poise.

        Bianca was never one to be caught unaware by the man, nor would she ever want too.

       "How many casualties resulted in this battle?" Mr. Tanner scanned the room, beady eyes practically staring into the teenager's souls, peering into each and everyone of them until he could grasp at anything for the sole purpose of humiliation. His eyes drew about Bonnie, whose gaze shot up in a startled manner. "Miss Bennett?"

       Surprised by the sudden question, as having been distant for the period since she had sat down, offered a feeble answer. "Um...a lot?" Absolving some confidence from the poorly hidden laughter from Matt, she continued. "I'm not sure. Like a whole lot."

        Mr. Tanner, however, was not very enthused. But when was he ever? "Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Miss Bennett."

         Bianca could feel a crack within Bonnie bloom and fester with poorly hidden dejection, and instantly a cold slithering sensation pooled at her gut, twisting and turning within her with the desire to break free. Bianca quickly slipped her hands on to the table, inhaling sharply as wave rushed over her and sparked from her fingertips. In her peripheral, she drew her attention to the flickering of the lights from over head. A telltale sign that she needed to reach out towards control, and soon.