Chapter 1 °The Letter°

{A/n: Hello! This little authors note just some stuff about you. Y/n is your name. You live in an apartment that's decent but not small. Your amazing friends with your neighbor, Edina, a senior adult that took you under her wing. You have a good job with a decent pay. (A dishwasher/cashier at the local Café after the factory got shut down.) Your around 29-31 years old (Since you only worked at the factory for about 2 1/2 years before it closed.) You have a pet parakeet named Chip and you love him, even tho he can be mischievous. Aaaaand I think that's it. Sorry for the wait. Hope this will make it up. Enjoy!}

Y/n's POV 

I woke up to my alarm. I groaned. I reached out to press the turn off button, but for some reason, it kept going. I started to hit it before ripping the cord entirely. It then turned into a beeping noise. Confused, I looked around, sitting up...only to see my bird, Chip messing with my phone again. I got up and tiredly walked to him before snatching my phone from his grasp and turned it off. He mimicked a laugh and did a little dance before going back to his cage. I go back to my dresser and checked the time. 6:01 AM. Even though I had some time to spare, I went to get ready for the day. I took a shower, did my short/medium/long hair, put on my F/c (fav. Clothes), and made breakfast. I put my food on the table before getting the bird food and filling up Chips little bowl. Once I placed his food down, he immediately zoomed to his breakfast. I sat down to eat. I checked the time again. 6:27 AM. I still had time. I finished up, put my dishes in the sink, put on my shoes and coat before calling Chip. He sat on my shoulder as I grabbed my keys before heading out the door. I locked my apartment shut before hearing a familiar voice. "Well, if it isn't little Mx. Y/n. I don't usually see you here so early." My neighbor, Edina, said. She works for a local elderly home to help those in need. She has such a good heart once you know her. "Yeah, just wana be early today, ain't that right, Chippy?" I said, petting him. He chirped, agreeing. Edina chuckled a bit. "Well don't let me hold you any longer. Go to work, hon. Don't be late." She walked off, towards the stairs. I signed. 'Lets get this day over with....'

_-----------------------------------------_

(Time skip)

The last customer just went out with their take out as I was going to clock out. Chip was asleep in his little nest by the sweets and the staff were either cleaning the tables or the kitchen. Since my boss saw the state I was after having some rude customers and a Karen today, she sent me home early. I held my parakeet close as I walked down the sidewalk, the sky a mixed of orange and violet. I walk into the apartment building, and went up to my floor. But stopped short when I saw Edina looking at my mail... again. "Edina, what did we say about snooping through my mail?" She jumped at my voice but quickly recovered. "W-well, it's just- I was just looking out for you in case it was your ex or a family member again..." She said. "I understand and you have every right to look out for me, but we have boundaries when it comes to that." I say in a patient tone. She nodded, giving me my mail before apologizing. I accepted it and we went to our apartments. As I looked through all the bills and ads, being careful no to wake up Chip, I spotted a green vhs tape and a letter concerning my old job. Playtime Co. I placed down Chip in his cage before opening up the letter and putting the tape in my old TV that I have saved. " Your about to see ... the most incredible doll ever invented..." I tuned the tape out, knowing it was the old commercial that they would play. After about a few minutes into the tape, I looked to read the letter. It seemed to be written in red marker. "Everyone thinks that the staff had disappeared. We're still here. Find the flower." A little red Poppy flower was drawn at the bottom. I heard the commercial again. I turned to see it glitch and show me a giant flower with a door in the middle. Inside the factory. The tape turned off soon after. I got ready for bed but the statement still stuck to me 'Find the flower.' I kept thinking about it. On one hand, my boss will just say it's nothing but a excuse and tell me to work. On the other hand, I can see the factory again! Along with the toys! They would be happy if I visited them. Or just to see them again! But...will they remember me? That's when I decided. Tomorrow. Me and Chip are going to the factory! Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

[End of Chapter 1]

------------------—----------–-------------

Yooooo! Chapter 1 done! I know it's not the intro y'all expected or wanted but we're getting there. Slowly but surely! Anyways, hope you have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening and enjoyed this chapter!

-Inky